DIY Interior Trim Removal 2014+ L319 LR4...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

iconoclast

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does anyone on here have instructions on interior trim removal for 2014+ interior wood trim? Is it any different from the previous years with the larger wood trim pieces? I am contemplating the Euro set or having the original wrapped in leather and possibly installing dynamat if the panels need to come off.

PaulLR3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I 'd like to know how to remove the black lacquer wood piece under the screen. Mine split in half last winter when it was -22 degrees in VT.

iconoclast

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Judging by the back it looks like it is held into place by tabs and removed by sliding out but can anyone on here confirm?

s-l1600.jpg

Schlepper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wrapped mine with black gloss vinyl. Door cards come off easily. You slide the trim pieces to remove them. Trim by the screen just lifts off.

The door is sealed all the way up. No openings like you find in other vehicles.

iconoclast

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Still planning to do it?

Yes. Not sure if doing a leather wrap like I did on a RRS-SC I owned back in the day or purchase the OEM Euro Trim.
I haven't seen it listed anywhere or if available for 2014+ models so don't even know if I am able to acquire it at this time.

I wrapped mine with black gloss vinyl. Door cards come off easily. You slide the trim pieces to remove them. Trim by the screen just lifts off.

The door is sealed all the way up. No openings like you find in other vehicles.

Thank you. Did you have it wrapped while the panels were on or did you disassemble all of it to have it wrapped?

Schlepper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Disassembled to wrap the trim. Front doors have 5 screws.

'1 behind door pull , 2 and 3 under chrome handle caps, 4 and 5 at the bottom of the door.'

The hardest part is removing the door lock trim assembled. You slide it back to remove it. Once it's off you can remove the trim.

B6BED06B-56ED-4796-B0BC-4020AFB7EA4A.jpeg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM