Do you really use the Nav

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

T

tommithy

I rarely have a problem with the voice prompting. It understands me probably 90% of the time. It is fun to show off with.

T

toddjb123

Good tip, FFT, I may just order that!

On the voice feature, heck, I used that the first week I owned the car and haven't touched it since. I keep the voice prompts off even when i use the navigation - it gets annoying when you're around town and there are a lot of turns. I could see it being helpful on the highway when your mind is elsewhere...

T

threeputt

When navigating someplace I'm not familiar with, I use the "navigation zoom in two" and such. Various POI commands are handy too. When I'm out of town I ALWAYS use "radio autostore" to find and prog the strongest FM signals purely because I never think to look up how to do it manually until I'm driving and need it! My only complaint with the voice prompts is I can't get her to talk softly enough when I have the volume cranked for my iPod. FM or CD it's cool, but she screams when the vol is around 27 or 28 for the iPod. I have adjusted all of the volume levels, voice offset, etc but that's the best I can do. I use the belkin adapter too which makes it better than the headphone jack, but I just remember to either not listen to the iPod when navigating or vice versa. If anyone knows any tricks, I'd appreciate hearing about them.

grommet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
AUX volume is just too low. The head unit needs a "source volume offset" feature, but we'll never see it. Send feedback to LR like I did... if enough people do, maybe there will be a glimmer of hope.

Z

zdas04

A lot of comments about the NAV finding addresses and highway turns. I use it for that, but I bought it for off road.

LR is the only integral GPS I found that lets you type in a lat/long (even if it is in deg min sec instead of decimal degrees, I have a program to translate) and it points you to where you're going. My big problem with it is that it leaves the track from where you entered the route to your destination instead of doing like the Garmin and drawing the line from where you are currently to your destination. Seems like a dumb choice by LR. Every so often I cancel guidance and tell it to go to the destination again to create a new line.

The "bread crumbs" thing is so complex that I've only been able to use it with the manual in hand.

Overall, I have pretty mixed feelings about the offroad capaibility of the NAV, but I'd still rather have it than the 3rd row seat.

David

F

Freeflytim

I have RTFM, but someone needs to come up with one page printable 'cheat sheet' for the voice nav!!! "Radio Autostore" is a new one for me!!

T

toddjb123

Okay, while we're on the topic, if you scroll around the screen while driving, how do you return to the "live" view?

For instance, you scroll to see a turn up ahead. Well, once you find what you want the NAV stays where you left it. The only way I have found to exit this mode is to go into a menu and come back out. That's a few button presses and I'm sure there is a quicker way to just return to the current vehicle position view.

thanks!

F

Freeflytim

Hit left hard key?? Yeah, I get board while, err, whilst, driving also.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carbonlink