Do Your LR3 Crossbars Whistle???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

A

AZSTALZ

After many attempts, I have finally figured out how to eliminate the "whistle while you work" syndrome of the stock LR3 Crossbars. Go to your local hardware store and purchase a 1.5m length x 19 mm (5 ft x 0.75 inch) roll of "Sticky Back" Black Velcro. Cut a piece of the "Loop" side (soft side) of the Velcro so that it fits lengthwise across the bar from the inside of one mount to the other. Pull the backing off and apply it to the TOP of the crossbar, directly behind the rubber strip that resides in the middle of the bar. Make sure the crossbar is not freezing cold or has any moisture on it. Firmly press it into place, running your hand across it several times to ensure good contact. Enjoy the "whistle-free" ride. --AZSTALZ

R

roverdawg

Sounds interesting. I'd kinda gotten used to the whistling. Can you post a pic so that I know I've got your instructions down pat before I stick it in place? I'm more of a visual kind of guy....a bit slow on the uptake. Thanks!

A

AZSTALZ

I get my truck back from the dealer tomorrow (bad fiber optic between main amp and the nav screen/stereo) and will post pix of the "jerry-rig" velcro job.... --AZSTALZ

A

AZSTALZ

I get my truck back from the dealer tomorrow (bad fiber optic between main amp and the nav screen/stereo) and will post pix of the "jerry-rig" velcro job.... --AZSTALZ

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gvillalongo