Doesn't start

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

2005 LR3 SE V8

Reaction score
I have a 2005 LR3 SE V8 that doesn't want to start sometimes. When i turn the key on it goes through its system checks and everything is fine...(sometimes). then there's other times, I turn the key and it cranks, then it has a transmission low gear error and a HDC symbol comes on the info screen. i hooked up a OBD scanner and it comes up with 2 codes, a P2023 which is a Intake manifold runner position sensor/Switch circuit intermittent bank 2a and a Cam position sensor. So my question is, has anybody heard of these problems before. Thanks

Niver39

Reaction score
Had the same codes before and I changed my starter and battery so far the lights are gone and my starting problem has resolved!

bonz

Reaction score
Need a jack...

Ed:sorry meant that to be a new thread...not under this one.

Last edited:

Niver39

Reaction score
I would look for something else I know a lot of the oem jacks have failed. Look for a tall bottle jack.

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Disagree. I think the OEM jack is great to have on-hand for an emergency. It's not meant to be used for a "shop jack" or to lift the vehicle a dozen times. However, for lifting the LR3 on the side of the road it works just fine.

FWIW, I know it's not great for "shop use" because I did just that. After lifting up the LR3 dozens of times (yes, like more than 20) it finally crapped out. Looking back, I'd say that's pretty good service for a stock jack that's supposed to live in the boot and only be used in an emergency.

You might need two jacks I guess, depending on your intentions.

Niver39

Reaction score
I would look for something else I know a lot of the oem jacks have failed. Look for a tall bottle jack.

Disagree. I think the OEM jack is great to have on-hand for an emergency. It's not meant to be used for a "shop jack" or to lift the vehicle a dozen times. However, for lifting the LR3 on the side of the road it works just fine.

FWIW, I know it's not great for "shop use" because I did just that. After lifting up the LR3 dozens of times (yes, like more than 20) it finally crapped out. Looking back, I'd say that's pretty good service for a stock jack that's supposed to live in the boot and only be used in an emergency.

You might need two jacks I guess, depending on your intentions.

I have never used mine I'm just going off what I have been told.

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well...now you have two conflicting opinions from virtual strangers. I'm sure it's very helpful. :)

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vintage99