Door unlocking question.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

a517458

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got my 11 HSE today.. excited.

Found something not really used to.. when you open the driver's door, the whole car unlocks.
Can I change that setting so the other 3 doors remain locking while opening the driver's door?

Appreciated..:ahhhhh::ahhhhh:

crewcabrob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I believe that is in the menu you access from the steering wheel buttons. I want to say it is called "selective locking"? I'm pretty sure that is how you can access the locking system on the LR4. I think you can also change how the locks activate when you drive away.

Rob

a517458

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I believe that is in the menu you access from the steering wheel buttons. I want to say it is called "selective locking"? I'm pretty sure that is how you can access the locking system on the LR4. I think you can also change how the locks activate when you drive away.

Rob

I think my car is missing a lot of options. I only got "two-stage locking" and "auto lock" under vehicle setting....

baobay

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You are not missing a lot of options. Those are the only two locking options there is. When you open the driver's door all doors unlock. You cannot change that. :frown:

ougrad1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is not true. My car only unlocks the driver door when I open the door. I have the passive keyless entry.

crewcabrob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What is two stage locking if it isn't the choice of unlocking the drivers door only or all of them? I really think that is the selection you need to change. I assume that if you select the two stage locking, it unlocks only the drivers door.

I don't have my LR4 at the office today otherwise I would go pull the manual out and see what it says. I decided to walk and enjoy our last little bit of snow. Actually, my LR4 is clean and full of gas. I really didn't want to drive it the 8 blocks to work only to waste the gas and get it dirty.

I have the passive system and all of my doors unlock when I grab any of the door handles.

Rob

crewcabrob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Page 38 in the 2010 US LR4 manual mentions the two stage locking. It sets the vehicle for single point entry, (drivers door) or unlocking all doors. That seems to be the only mention of it in the North American manual. It is right below drive away locking in set up.

Rob

a517458

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is not true. My car only unlocks the driver door when I open the door. I have the passive keyless entry.

Sorry, I forgot to say.....when you open it from "inside"...when i pull the handle inside, all 4 doors unlocks..

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM