Doors won’t lock with door switch?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MW3Designs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just tried to lock my doors with the lock/unlock button on the door, and they won’t lock. They do unlock, but lock button does nothing. If I push the lever above the door handle the doors lock. It’s not a big deal, but I’m wondering why they don’t work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MW3Designs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The key was in the car, car was running. Doors were unlocked, I hit the lock button and nothing.

cperez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The key was in the car, car was running. Doors were unlocked, I hit the lock button and nothing.

Are you saying that the keys were inside the running vehicle and you tried to lock it from the outside? If I read that correctly then the vehicle is protecting you from yourself. It won't let you lock your keys inside. Mine gives a warning double beep if I try to lock keys inside whether the engine is running or not. Last weekend I tossed a backpack in the cargo area and shut the hatch. I heard the warning beeps and sure enough I had forgotten that my fob was in the backpack.

CRYA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nah in his first post he mentioned he was trying to lock from the door switch. Funny enough. Mine does the same. Sitting in the car, on, key nearby obviously, my door switch lock button, when pressed, doesn't seem to have an effect on the lock switch. I guess I'd need someone outside the vehicle to pull on the handle to see if truly locked...

jlglr4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My interior door lock switch works. I’m sitting here in the car waiting for my kid, engine running, and I can lock the doors with either the switch or the lever.

CRYA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I tried flicking the lever manually. It’s working now in mine. Maybe it got hung up and visually wasn’t showing locked. Weird anyways.

cperez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nah in his first post he mentioned he was trying to lock from the door switch. Funny enough. Mine does the same. Sitting in the car, on, key nearby obviously, my door switch lock button, when pressed, doesn't seem to have an effect on the lock switch. I guess I'd need someone outside the vehicle to pull on the handle to see if truly locked...

Gotcha, I thought he was referring to the lock button on the exterior door handle but he may not even have that feature. I have my driveaway lock feature enabled and also use the manual inside lock button when I need to traverse a sketchy neighborhood. Everything works as expected.

f1racer328

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've had two issues with the locks.

First time my friend repeatedly locked and unlocked the doors to the point where it stopped working until I restarted the car.

Second time was random and I couldn't lock it with the button or manually pressing the latch, until I restarted the car.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OnoA