drilling licence plate ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

motz

Reaction score
I finally decided to put licence plate on the front bumper.
I just hate that feeling every time I see cops!
but i really think any car is much better looking without it on the front..

anyway....

I dont wanna drill on the bumper and i was trying to put it with plastic cable string
but it looks hidious. You can see the wires.

Is there any way you can put the licence plate base without drilling holes?

JackMac

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Double sided tape could work, but may not be a good long term solution. Or perhaps a bracket mounted to the front tow hook mountpoint.

However, if you are going to mount the front plate, might as well just drill it and use the normal process. When the plate is mounted, you won't see the holes anyway. You could always pick up a spare bumper cover from eBay if you want to have a clean one "just in case".

NickLR3HSE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
try using zip ties, you might be able to find one that matches colorwise so it would blend in.
I finally decided to put licence plate on the front bumper.
I just hate that feeling every time I see cops!
but i really think any car is much better looking without it on the front..

anyway....

I dont wanna drill on the bumper and i was trying to put it with plastic cable string
but it looks hidious. You can see the wires.

Is there any way you can put the licence plate base without drilling holes?

dry_fly

Full Access Member
Reaction score
motz, what bumper do you have? do you have a winch?

motz

Reaction score
i tried the zip tie...looks awful!
its still visible.

mine is just regular stock bumper.

I guess i have to drill holes.....sigh....

I will just buy an extra bumper just in case like JackMac said..

thanks guys

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This post just reminded me that I don't have a front license plate either!!! I have the A-Frame brush bar and I just think that the plate would look stupid. So in 4+ years I've never put it on! I don't even think twice about it driving by cops anymore.

Seriously...by the time it dawns on them that you didn't have a front plate, are they going to go through the trouble to turn around in traffic to come and get ya? On an interstate, do you think that a cop is going to notice? Maybe if his radar gun is trained on your car, but otherwise he's checking out other motorists through that lens!

I've actually talked to cops about it...half of 'em just don't care.

jpljpl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hah!

I just got a call from the dealer where we purchased our LR3 from that my plates are in. The truck we bought came with the A-frame push bar, so I was wondering where I was going to put the front plate as well.

I cant quite picture a good solution...

BTW, my previous rig had an Arb + winch, and I never kept the front plate on. Never a problem until I had to pick up my wife at Newark Airport one day. After about 5 laps passing the same group of officers, they finally pulled me over and wrote me a couple of tickets.

So be warned, airport arrival terminals are a pretty easy spot to snag someone! :)

motz

Reaction score
yeah i got pulled over once but thank god my friend was with me and it was his friend!

and some of my co workers got tickets already...

but i just hate that feeling when i pass by cops!

i thought LR3 looks much better without it but it doesnt look that bad with licence plate on...

umbertob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got two tickets on previous cars I owned for a missing front plate. I found both tickets on my windshield as I was parked somewhere, they can cite you for that violation any time... :mad: They are really starting to enforce that law here in Kalafornia. They need the income and without a front license plate they only have a 50% chance of getting you with those lovely traffic light and speed cameras. Most dealers here sell you a new car with the front plate bracket already in place, so you don't have much of a choice anyway.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635