Driver Side Door Seal / Gasket

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GeoRover

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a bad door seal on the body side. Previous owner probably chewed it, its rubbed off and needs replacement. Also I noticed some dampness on driver side floor carpet. I am assuming something is leaking?

Couple of quetsions, where can I buy the driver side door seal kit? Also can I do it myself? Probably can go to stealership but am not sure what they will charge me for part?

Second, could the driver side floor carpet dampness related to bad seal? Passenger side seal is fine and carpet is dry.

GeoRover

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks Trynian. Went to the dealership, they had it for the same price. Took me 30 minutes to remove and replace it with the new one. Now even the door closing sound has changed - to more solid and heavy feel unlike the clunky one before.

Now on to the next project, the driver side wet floor. As of today the Airbag warning light shows up too after driving for about few minutes. Turning off the car and starting it again fixes the warning for about few minutes of driving again. Its been pouring lately too. Wonder if it's related to wet floor, roof drain etc. Off to do some research now :)

Last edited:

Trynian

Reaction score
The airbag light is probably the clockspring also called a rotary coupler, going bad. Fairly common from my discussions with a tech in our off road club when mine started to fail. Have to remove the air bag and the steering wheel to get at it. It is about a $300 part from the online source.

You can pull the air bag disconnect it and reconnect it and it will go away for a couple weeks but would always pop back up eventually until I replaced it. Make sure to disconnect the battery if you attempt removing the airbag. You dont want it to go off!

GeoRover

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Checked on the car records, P045 was already performed on the car, but here is all what's related.

Yesterday the car had water dripping from headliner right next to lights box (What are they called btw? I call 'em map lights). That got me thinking on other issue of wet floor on the driver side.

Today checked on the sunroof drain, yep its clogged. Also pulled the trim from A-Pillar on the driverside, yep damp and wet at places. Saw some pine needles in there too. Well, roof drain I guess. And I believe the same leak makes it all the way to the floorboard.

Had the car inside the garage for the night, drove it all day today and no Airbag warning light. So I guess the headliner dripping, wet floor board and Airbag warning are all connected to the same leak.

Now I have to spend a weekend to pull the headliner, unclog the drain, dry the A-Pillar cables and driver side carpet. Fun fun...

Oh as a test I also pulled the trim on the passenger side A-Pillar, all dry through and through even the floor. Confirmed? I guess.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carbonlink