Driver's Door handle controls (passive entry) not working

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PoorLifeDecisions

Reaction score
Hey all, so my 2014 driver's side door handle passive controls are not working. The door still locks and unlocks fine with the remote and with the other door handles. My indy says to replace the door actuator, but I wanted to run it by you all first, because the actual locking/unlocking mechanism still works fine. Sounds like it's more of sensor issue? Unless if it's all part of the actuator assembly. I'm quoted around $500 for the job.

There are also no codes.

Last edited:

ktm525

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would change the fob battery first. Then if that does not work a hard reset.

PoorLifeDecisions

Reaction score
First thing changed were the batteries, so that definitely wasn't it. Was really hoping the hard reset would take care of it, but still no dice. *sigh

jlglr4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Could be the door handle (i.e., the touch sensor) rather than the actuator, or maybe the wiring from the handle to the actuator.

I’ve had my rear door apart for something else, but can’t remember now what that whole assembly looks like. I also don’t have the wiring diagram or I’d post it up.

Stuart Barnes

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Based on your description, it sounds like the door handle itself; OR the wiring to the door handle. I'd remove it and inspect the wiring to start with.

yep,

start with the low hanging fruit, remove door card and check all the electrical connections are tight. Check that there is no visible damage to any of the existing wiring etc.

Pm me and I’ll get the circuit diagrams to you

Stu.

99d2td5

Reaction score
For what it’s worth I had the misfortune of needing a panel shop to fix third party damage to my drivers side door. To cut long story short the panel shop were not specific to one brand and not knowing LR all that well managed to break the multi plug lock when disconnecting the passive door handle wiring plug.

It worked ok when they put it back together and returned the vehicle to me (I didn’t know at the time about the plug) however after while and some corrugated remote roads the plug came out rendering the passive door handle function non operative. All others worked and I didn’t check for codes. I suspected they had left some thing out so opened up the door cards etc just to check everything to make sure they hadn’t left anything out or something poorly connected.

Suspicions confirmed and I found the plug out and plugged it back in. It was at that time I noticed the broken lock which I suspect is the reason it came apart in the first place. To fix I put a small zip tie around both sides of the plug to hold together which will be cut if ever need to seperate it again.
May not be your issue however hope it helps.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
petrhick