Drivers Window won't roll up/deep bass on radio

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

L

Landyman

Our LR-3 driver's window was open about 2 inches in the morning of last week having spent the night in cold Vermont outside. It would not close. The dealer brought it in and said there was no problem found and the service writer proceeded to show me how to use the window. It is functioning fine now, but was a pain over the long New Year's Holiday weekend being open -very cold. Has anyone experienced this failure and know how to address it. The dealer would not share any information with me.

Second, the bass of the radio (we have LE without H/K) is out of control even with the bass turned down all the way, the treble turned up all the way and the subwoofer turned down all the way. Dealer says nothing can be done. Also the CD shuffles by itself with the radio on or off. What is the repair?

grommet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You didn't explain your problem enough. It moved down two inches by itself? Or it just wouldn't go up? Did you just hold the switch up for a few seconds to reset the one touch operation?

Also, I'm confused what model vehicle you have... What is a "LE without H/K"? And what do you mean CD shuffles by itself? Shuffles what? Discs? Tracks?

Anyway, more details, please. Model year, model type, etc.

L

Landyman

Grommet,
Window appears to have moved down 2 inches by itself overnight (I don't remember hitting it getting out) and we could not get it to close tighly again the next AM. Tried everything including holding the switch up for a few seconds. I frankly didn't know that resets anything. Interestingly, on Saabnet, there was a reportly the same problem with a 9-3 driver's side window that was corrected (reset) by holding the glass down all the way while pulling up on the one touch switch. The dealer made me feel like an idiot and was condescending as all get out, but did not advise of any reset tricks. By the way, I own a '73 NAS Series III, have owned 2 Discos previously as well as a D-90, so I would consider myself somewhat initiated.

I don't have Harmon Kardon speakers (at least they don't say Harmon Kardon on them). It shuffles the discs when the CD (or radio for that matter) is off. This is a 05 LR-3 SE.

grommet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's strange. The only time the CD changer should run while the head unit is off... is if you have a rear passenger headphone jacks set to use CD. And the SE in North America shouldn't have those!

Yes, it's still "H/K" for the amplifier and speakers... even on SE.

Anyway, there is a full Infotainment firmware update/fix for '05 LR3; you may ask them to perform it... I think one of the symtoms is excessive bass. Have them check the technical database. It does take a long time, though. Your system may be programmed with the wrong firmware (thinks it's a HSE/Premium ICE?)... or it's just corrupt. Or they put the wrong amplifier in! :) Or, it's just plain "broken"... anyway, I'd have them do the full infotainment load first.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gvillalongo