DVD entertainment

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

grommet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
JoelD, for reference... what is the dealer charging you for the 7" DVD unit and install? (Is it a Rosen A7?) A lot less than the "Land Rover" OEM unit?

Early congratulations... enjoy the ride.

C

cpp

JoelD said:
wow, at that size it looks like it pretty much makes the rear view mirror useless, or is the angle the picture taken from deciving?
I declined the dealer-installed DVD after checking out one in the showroom. Even with the screen stowed, it blocks a large chunk of the rear view; folded down, the rear view was totally useless. I didn't consider that to be an option - YMMV.

CPP

Last edited by a moderator:
J

JoelD

grommit,
They are throwing that and the parrot bluetooth kit in with the purchase price. Which is why I was skeptical about them putting just any old player in the LR. But after going to the shop and meeting a few of the guys, I feel good about going with the 7". I'm sure I'll be over there again, I'll ask the shop what the price difference is between the 7 and the 10 installed. And who knows, I may take them up on the offer to install the 10. We have our first road trip in about 2 weeks. 10 hours to Atlanta.

And yes it is the A7, one of the ones with the adjustable angle.

askewed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
JoelD said:
Thanks askewed for the picture offer, I just received about 10 picts via email from another poster on this topic, so I think I am all set.

Ah that was me...

P

pbrover

Anybody bummed about losing light assembly

Hello,

Just purchased 2005 HSE7

Have not seen a OEM Rosen installation (just pictures) but it seems that losing the 2nd row light assembly is real bummer. I understand the Rosen system has some type of lights but there not directional and as bright. Can I please hear any observations concerning losing the light assembly?

J

JoelD

PB,
In my install of the 7" Rosen the lighting assembly is not removed. The base of the Rosen was trimmed to fit over around the front end of the assembly. They they coupled the two Rosen lights in with the LR3 lights, so there is more light than before.

Joel

P

pbrover

Joel....That sounds great! Are you happy with the size? Would you do it over again instead of the 9 inch system?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gvillalongo