Easter Eggs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DrMorison

Reaction score
I drove to a local river to go for a walk on Easter Sunday and discovered two features that are not listed in the owners manual. 1. If the car is locked and you hold the unlock button down, the windows lower just a little. If you hold the unlock button longer the windows lower all the way. 2. If you press and release the automatic down windows (for the rear seats), they just lower a few inches and then stop unless you press the button again. If you press and hold the window down button for a bit longer, the window lowers all the way. Does anyone else know of any Easter Eggs that are not in the owner's manual?

Jimmy Brooks

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I knew about that feature as well. I stumbled across it one day when playing with the raise and lower suspension controls on the key. Many BMW’s have this feature, so I just assumed that Land Rover adopted this feature when BMW owned them. Can anyone confirm if that’s true?

DrMorison

Reaction score
I knew about that feature as well. I stumbled across it one day when playing with the raise and lower suspension controls on the key. Many BMW’s have this feature, so I just assumed that Land Rover adopted this feature when BMW owned them. Can anyone confirm if that’s true?
I don’t think that my 2016 has a raise and lower feature on the key.

Jimmy Brooks

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If it has air suspension it should. To do this you have to have the hazard lights on and I believe the engine off and you press and hold a combo of buttons on the key and it will raise or lower. It’s in the owners manual under smart key or air suspension. I know for a fact that they wouldn’t discontinue it if it was on a 2010 and I also know that the D5 has it too, so I’m sure yours does.

I don’t think that my 2016 has a raise and lower feature on the key.

toddjb122

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I drove to a local river to go for a walk on Easter Sunday and discovered two features that are not listed in the owners manual. 1. If the car is locked and you hold the unlock button down, the windows lower just a little. If you hold the unlock button longer the windows lower all the way...
Cool. I did not know about this and will try it on my 2013 HSE LUX.

Is there a way to put windows UP with the remote as well?

cperez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Cool. I did not know about this and will try it on my 2013 HSE LUX.

Is there a way to put windows UP with the remote as well?

During the hot summer I use this feature a fair amount. If I've been parked in the sun, I will lower all the windows as I approach the Rover. I'll even pop the sunroof open if it's really a steamer. I feel like it helps release all the superheated air inside. Then I blast the AC on Max and close all the windows. But that advance opening makes me feel like I'm jumpstarting the cooldown process.

catman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If it has air suspension it should. To do this you have to have the hazard lights on and I believe the engine off and you press and hold a combo of buttons on the key and it will raise or lower. It’s in the owners manual under smart key or air suspension. I know for a fact that they wouldn’t discontinue it if it was on a 2010 and I also know that the D5 has it too, so I’m sure yours does.

Yes even my LR3 has this - it was designed for hooking up a trailer, allowing you to raise or lower the hitch to make it easier to connect/disconnect.

ScottK

Reaction score
It should be in the manual under “Global Opening”. Most modern European OEM’s have global opening and closing. In the US they can only do opening due to legal restrictions and liability.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vintage99