Electrical Problem

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

lance562

Reaction score
HELP,Bought a 2011 LR4 about 8 months ago. About once a month the speakers quit working and the phone controls on the steering wheel stop working. After I stop the car and restart it they work again. I called the dealer and they say this is rebooting the system,and thats why they start working. Has anyone else had this issue? And what is the fix?

a517458

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's land rover thing, just get used to it ......

waltzonice

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've had that happen to me about 3 times. It happened all in a row (within a few starts of each other) back in February. Soon after, I took it into the dealer for several warranty issues, including this one. I don't believe they did anything about this, yet somehow the problem has not re-occurred since.

bonnettoboot

Reaction score
HELP,Bought a 2011 LR4 about 8 months ago. About once a month the speakers quit working and the phone controls on the steering wheel stop working. After I stop the car and restart it they work again. I called the dealer and they say this is rebooting the system,and thats why they start working. Has anyone else had this issue? And what is the fix?

Take it to the Dealer and ask (tell) them to FIX IT

crewcabrob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's happened to most of us at some point. My first time was in July 2010. It's a known issue that supposedly a software upgrade will fix.

Rob

lance562

Reaction score
Ok I got it. Have an apointment in the morning with the dealer.

garg

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Not a big deal - these cars have so much SW control and it has intermittent bugs.

My bimmer sometimes used to freeze up all entertainment/voice/nav/climate only to reboot in 10 mins with everything working. In my case, restarting the car didn't do anything! When so much HW and SW comes together, there are bound to be some intermittent issues. Not ideal but a reality...

lance562

Reaction score
Ok, just returned from the dealer. It was a software issue,here are the service notes.
Corrupted software. Referred to bullitin 00299 aqnd updated software for audio control module and ft ent control module. So far so good If there are any other issues I will post later.

And yes,they washed it after the service.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM