Emergency response vehicle

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Troianii

Reaction score
It also has 1/4 inch steel rock sliders and a front rock shield. Now to your question:

I had a choice of off road heavy duty tires but after running through the pros and cons, I came to this decision; most of my responses are on paved roads (85%), sometimes slick with water (10%) and some off road in streams or on sand/gravel/clay roadways (5%), and my paved road responses are usually around 35-45 mph, so I went with all terrain tires. I do carry one full sized tire on the roof and the doughnut.

So far, this has shown to be the correct response. 2 years ago, during the "Station Fire" I was caught in a rock slide that carried me 25 feet sideways into a shoulder popping my right rear tire. The surrounding fire storm temperature was about 150 degrees. The County Fire truck offered me the choice of pushing the rig over the cliff to clear the roadway or acting as a stanchion to be winched out. I pulled out of the gully and drove out.

One other benefit of all terrain tires is that they are quieter. On the roof rack, I had a spoiler installed that cuts down wind noise by about 75%.

Wow, that sounds intense! Well even though I'm sure you weren't serving my area, I appreciate the work that you and others like yourself do! That's a hard and largely selfless service.

777AIA

Reaction score
I would reverse the head on your snorkel. Get ‘cleaner’ air.. works just as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OnoA