1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Engine Codes: P025C, P008A, P064A

Discussion in 'LR4' started by Tbh1981, Sep 24, 2020.

1. Tbh1981

Tbh1981 Member

Good Afternoon experts,

I have recently purchased a 2016 LR4 (HSE Lux, HD and Black package). I'm an experienced driveway mechanic, but I've only owned Volkswagens before this.

I know the codes listed in the title are related to low pressure in the fuel system, potentially caused by anything from a faulty fuel pump module, to bad connections, to the fuel pump itself needing replacing.

My questions are about diagnosis: in your experience, what is the most likely cause of these codes? Where is the fuel pump module located on the vehicle? Where is the High-pressure fuel pump located, if it is separate from the in-tank fuel pump?

Finally, I've registered for TOPix and am just curious about your experiences with that site.

Thanks for any information you are able to provide.

2. Michael Gain

Michael Gain Full Access Member

Control module is with the low pressure fuel pump. You'll need to drop the tank to explore. There is also a fuel pressure sensor on the passenger side fuel rail. It's located on the back of the rail closest to the firewall--it may be easier to remove the battery and box to diagnose it properly. Finally, the high pressure fuel pumps are located on the lower passenger side of the engine. Each pump feeds a rail. Best way to access the HP fuel line is through the wheel well, but I find the pumps easier to access from underneath.

I would start by removing the passenger wheel and spawn shield, and the skid plate. I would then start the vehicle and inspect for leaks from the HP fuel pumps to the rails.

Hope that helps!

3. Michael Gain

Michael Gain Full Access Member

Splash shield, not spawn shield....

4. Tbh1981

Tbh1981 Member

Thank you sir. I know what I'll be up to this weekend!

5. Tbh1981

Tbh1981 Member

Update:

Today the check engine MIL did not stay on during driving at all. The truck starts normally, idles normally, and drives normally, so unless something else happens I'm chalking this up to a little British gremlin.

Thanks to all who replied.

Michael Gain likes this.
  6. mbw

mbw Full Access Member

Keep an eye on battery health. That can cause all sorts of weird things like that.

7. Tbh1981

Tbh1981 Member

Good tip. I bought the truck used and haven't yet checked the battery date on the main, or the Eco drive battery.