Extended Warranties

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

whydahdvr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Seems awfully expensive to me for the mileage you get. That's close to what I paid for my Ford ESP PremiumCare Warranty back at 52k - 5 yr/60k miles and about $4.6k.
But I gather Ford (Ziegler) no longer offers that for LR's.

Tictaktoe

Reaction score
Seems awfully expensive to me for the mileage you get. That's close to what I paid for my Ford ESP PremiumCare Warranty back at 52k - 5 yr/60k miles and about $4.6k.
But I gather Ford (Ziegler) no longer offers that for LR's.

Thanks for your note. Is it really that expensive comparatively? The previous owner who bought the Fidelity warranty - platinum with $100 deductible was 3 years/ 36k miles for $4800 and be bought it at around 45k miles. I'm actually surprised how I'm getting this even cheaper than the last time. And thats why i'm a little concerned about the coverage - fidelity was an exclusionary one while this has a list of items it covers and though the list seems long, it doesn't look exclusionary.

As far as the price is concerned, given i'm on 70k + miles, so cant really expect a dirty cheap warranty. Anyways, fidelity has paid more than invested (in car dvd player, tpms module, compressor set, etc) so far. I'm sure that given the mileage, there will be more than $5k expenses in the next 30k miles.

You are right, Ford doesn't offer warranty to LRs anymore since the Tata Group bought Land Rover from them few years back.

Last edited:

matrix239

Reaction score
Warranty

I purchased the Continental warranty when my 08 LR3 was at 50K. Cost me $3500 with the $100 deductible. It DEFINITELY came in handy as most problem started happening at 80K. At the time I thought it was slightly expensive, but after pulling the trigger and purchasing it, I have nothing but great things to say about it. They never denied any claim I brought to them and all of my repairs were done at the LR dealership. Definitely worth it!

Tictaktoe

Reaction score
I purchased the Continental warranty when my 08 LR3 was at 50K. Cost me $3500 with the $100 deductible. It DEFINITELY came in handy as most problem started happening at 80K. At the time I thought it was slightly expensive, but after pulling the trigger and purchasing it, I have nothing but great things to say about it. They never denied any claim I brought to them and all of my repairs were done at the LR dealership. Definitely worth it!

thnx. i asked some questions around this warranty to LR dealer and will update on getting the reply. By the way, did continental go by the list of items that is mentioned in the brochure or includes everything other than whats in exclusion list? What items did you replace and did they reject anything? I cant see things like TPMS, electronix, etc in warranty.

also, do you mind if i send you a pm?. would love to take a look at warranty T&C if thats not too inconvenient to you.

Tictaktoe

Reaction score
Just wanted to keep this board updated. I inquired at couple of places for Fidelity Exclusionary Platinum warranty (basically the top end that covers almost everything w/ $100 deductible). Here are the numbers/ranges from different dealers (doesnt include taxes):

2 Y/24K : $7.8 - 8K
3Y/36K : 9.3 - 11K
4Y/48K: 12.6 - 14.7K

The LR dealer at NJ mentioned about the Continental Ultra Care warranty (this is not exclusionary), and quoted the following:

1. 12 months/12K - $2995
2. 24 months/24K - $3495
3. 36 months/36K - $3995

This is for a 2008 Lr3 HSE, currently under Fidelity with 74K miles. I was told that the inflection point is at 75K miles when the cost goes up again

Tictaktoe

Reaction score
Best offer that I found after talking to a lot of dealers on exclusionary warranty -

4Y / 48K Platinum exclusionary warranty from Fidelity with $250 deductible - $9K.

By the way, Fidelity doesn't offer this if the mileage of the vehicle is 75k+. Mine is currently 74913.

Last edited:

whydahdvr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think at this point it makes sense to self-insure. Set aside whatever your monthly payment amount would be into a separate account and cover your own costs.

Robert Dyson

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

Reviving an old thread.

I just purchased a used LR3 105k miles, one previous owner. I was quoted $3895 from carshield for the powertrain + (https://carshield.com/policies/Gold Enhanced Powertrain.pdf)

Edit: $100 deductible

4 yrs/48,000 miles which is probably more miles than we need for this one.

Any advice on whether this would be useful at this point?

No issues thus far, but reading through some of the posts this might come in handy. The one thing this policy does not cover which might need replacing within the next few years is the air suspension (no issues at the moment, but I've heard it can be finicky)

Thanks!

Last edited:

samnt650

Full Access Member
Reaction score
truck service history and model year should provide you the insight the likelihood you'll need to use the ext. warranty.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OnoA