Extended Warranties

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

eegs2k

Reaction score
Can you still get the ford esp? i am looking to buy an 07 LR3 with 78k miles.
I called the ford warranty number and they said they only cover ford, lincoln, and merc at this time.

Does anyone have any other recommendations for a decent extended warranty on a vehicle out of the factory coverage?

thanks

whydahdvr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did you try Zeigler Ford? They're a 3rd party insurer - that's what the extended warranty plans are - and I think they market them separately from Ford itself.

eegs2k

Reaction score
Did you try Zeigler Ford? They're a 3rd party insurer - that's what the extended warranty plans are - and I think they market them separately from Ford itself.

Yes I spoke to Bob. He said they no longer cover Land Rover. He also could not recommend anyone else for me to look in to.

The dealer is pushing GWC or Allstate. The more i search for those, the more horror stories i find. I'd rather roll the dice than have to sue to get every claim approved.

whydahdvr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did Bob say anything about existing contracts with Zeigler? I would imagine they remain in force until the contract terms complete.

techboydino

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Breathing life into an old topic. Close to pulling the trigger on an ESP, too many to pick from. Anything get a policy within the past 6 months? (Zeigler does not cover older than '07 at this point)

Last edited:

uoflcardfan77

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Breathing even more life into the topic. Looking for an extended warranty on the 06 LR3 SE I'm purchasing. We bought the Ford ESP for a Saab 9-3 we bought for our son and was looking to get the same for the LR, but, like someone said earlier, they're only covering Ford products at this time.

Any help would be appreciated.

Tictaktoe

Reaction score
Also, piling on previous messages. My 3 year extended warranty is coming to an end on my 2008 lr3 hse, 73k miles.

Any good suggestions on a reputable extended warranty that someone has taken in recent times?

Tictaktoe

Reaction score
OK.. so I gave my Lr3 for servicing and at the time of taking it back, I inquired about the extended warranty for my 2008 truck which is currently 73.5k miles and covered under fidelity platinum warranty.

So far, I have used the fidelity warranty for 2-3 claims claiming well over $2k but I have only 2 more months remaining. I currently pay a $100 deductible and it is the top tier of warranty offered by Fidelity which is exclusionary meaning it covers everything other than the items mentioned in the contract.

The LR dealer at NJ mentioned about the Continental Ultra Care warranty, and quoted the following:

1. 12 months/12K - $2995
2. 24 months/24K - $3495
3. 36 months/36K - $3995

All these come with $0 deductible + Vehicle can be serviced at any ASE certified shop.

The other conditions being that my LR3 should not have been out of warranty (i.e. I would have to purchase is before fidelity is over), should be purchased within the 5 days from servicing (I believe this is to cover for inspection), and it should be <80k miles (seems >80K miles rates jump up).

While I am planning to pull the trigger on this Continental Ultra Care , I got confused around one piece. The dealer rep mentioned its exclusionary, while the brochure that I picked included the items that are covered (see http://www.continentalwarranty.org/wp-content/themes/pcg/images/uc_service.pdf for details of this warranty ).

This list seems long and exhaustive however I am concerned that it may still be weaker in scope than the fidelity platinum exclusionary warranty that I currently have. For e.g. in Modules, it mentions 11 different modules (right from cruise control to suspension control, and HVAC control to transmission module ) that are covered but does not mention TPMS module, which I replaced 4-5 months back.

Does anyone has experience with Continental Warranty - Ultra Care package or any view points around it? Does the price seems right?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
A562NV