Extended Warranties

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

matrix239

Reaction score
Where to take for Extended Warranty service

I had the very same question when I purchased my warranty. I have the most complete Ford warranty and wanted to make sure the work is quality work. The warranty is good at Ford or LR dealers. The Ford dealership told me that they ger LRs all of the time. I have just built a good relationship with my local LR dealer so I feel good about going there. Only thing to look out for. Some LR dealerships will not give you a LR as a loaner. The LR closest to me has other rental cars to loan but will not loan out LRs unless you purchased it from their dealership. There is one about 25 mi from me that does loan Rovers.
Hope this helps and welcome to the board!

crtfour

Reaction score
Cool thanks. That's helpful information because I have a well-reviewed Ford dealer close by and the closest LR dealer is about 45 min away. One more question....where would you suggest I start as far as getting Ford warranty quotes? The local dealer or just purchase over the phone? I noticed Zeigler Ford being mentioned....perhaps that's a good place to start.

Thanks for the warm welcome. I'll post some pictures soon.

Rob

Disco Mike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wherever you want, just make sure that on each of Rovers medium and major service you have a work order by the shop showing it was done, the date and mileage.

matrix239

Reaction score
I called Zeigler Ford and they pretty much gave me the same quote as my local Ford dealer so I went with them. I'm just one of those people that likes to talk to the person I'm giving my money to than just a voice over the phone. Most recently, LR paid for a repair that even the sales manager didn't think would be covered.
Good Luck!

joecool509

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Warranty work follow up

Paid 2300 for an ESP through Zeigler for my 07 LR3. Took my LR3 to Spokane WA land rover for service. My parking brake actuator ate it self. My service advisor had no problems getting the approval and getting paid. I paid my 200$ and after a bad rover part and driving to the dealer twice (140mi) I am back home and whole again. The service manage said the person he spoke to was very helpful which was abnormal.

My Indy shop won't deal with warranty companies FYI so call and ask.

whydahdvr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Warranty Use Update

Last week I used my Ford PremiumCare ESP for the first time.
I took my LR3 to the dealership I bought it from to get my usual 6 month look-over. Turns out that I had a bunch of work that needed to be done:
  • Left front hub was loose and needed to be replaced ($557)
  • Right rear lower ball joint needed to be replaced - recommended to do both at the same time ($253/side)
I was also recommended to have the front lower control arms replaced as the bushing were in the mileage range that they usually start to go ($742/side)

I had the first two items done - all covered under my extended warranty. The front control arms, the adjustor sent to inspect my vehicle said they didn't warrant being done yet under the warranty so waiting to do that a bit later.
All in all I saved about $1000 already. I paid my $50 deductible and for a wheel alignment. A few more trips like this and it will have paid for itself. Very painless with the PremiumCare ESP folks. My LR3 was picked up on Tuesday and delivered on Friday, the work all done by Thursday, just waited on the adjustor to come by Thursday or Friday. The dealership had my info, the warranty phone number, and took care of everything. Bedford Land Rover in Bedford, NH did a great job!

Last edited:

joecool509

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Back in the shop for a front diff. Found a near by BMW/Indy shop to do the work. 1800$ and now my warranty is paid for. ESP approved with no issues. Slow getting through the process and getting parts. Haven't seen my LR3 in weeks. :hmpf:

tomasesto

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ext ford esp

Renewed for my 2nd term... 1st policy most def paid for itself!... No major issues yet on my 2nd but i hear the closer to 80k i get then things start needing repairs... My front dif seems to be whining on the regular so maybe that's next. Actually haven't had any major issues with my compressor and have always preempted the previous work... My 3rd landy since late 90's so far and this lr3 has been the most capable and fun!

crtfour

Reaction score
Good to hear that the Ford ESP is a good warranty. My factory warranty expired yesterday and I recently purchased the Ford as well.

Rob

mbethy

Reaction score
Renewed for my 2nd term... 1st policy most def paid for itself!... No major issues yet on my 2nd but i hear the closer to 80k i get then things start needing repairs... My front dif seems to be whining on the regular so maybe that's next. Actually haven't had any major issues with my compressor and have always preempted the previous work... My 3rd landy since late 90's so far and this lr3 has been the most capable and fun!

What extended warranty company did you use on your 2nd renewal? How did you obtain the policy and what were the coverages/prices? Thanks!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72