Extended Warranties

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tomasesto

Full Access Member
Reaction score
round 2

Sounds great! I was just quoted for a 2nd and Im definitely going for it! Luv my Landy and since I got it set up proper it just doesnt make sense to part with it. My girl luvs our LR3 and as the saying goes... Happy wife happy life! Cheers M8!

Last edited:

whydahdvr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just got the 5 year/60k mile PremiumCare ESP from Zielger Ford. What they didn't mention is that there is a fee for the inspection. However, all done and in force. Nice peace of mind.

NewRover2008

Reaction score
Just got the 5 year/60k mile PremiumCare ESP from Zielger Ford. What they didn't mention is that there is a fee for the inspection. However, all done and in force. Nice peace of mind.

i just called them today as well. how much did it cost you? this is the best coverage out there? covers the suspension? i read there are air bags for each wheel. it covers that and all the other key / expensive items?

im about set on getting this car but thinking the onlky way is if i ge an extended warrabty too. i want a damn good one though so i can live/drive in peace!

thanks!

whydahdvr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
About $4400 for 5 yr, 60k miles and a $50 deductible. Yes, covers the whole suspension, except for normal wear-tear items like brakes.
From what I've seen it's the best coverage around for the money. I could have spent more with my dealer for a like-factory warranty but it wouldn't have covered the same number of miles and years.

NewRover2008

Reaction score
About $4400 for 5 yr, 60k miles and a $50 deductible. Yes, covers the whole suspension, except for normal wear-tear items like brakes.
From what I've seen it's the best coverage around for the money. I could have spent more with my dealer for a like-factory warranty but it wouldn't have covered the same number of miles and years.

thanks for quick repsonse and info.

KEITHD45

Reaction score
2006 LR3 W 117,000 miles

Any leads on an aftermarket watrranty for an older high mileage LR3?

tomasesto

Full Access Member
Reaction score
YES FORD ESP Premium Care coverages are the best I've experienced thus far and I only drive my 05' LR3 @ 70k-ish miles mostly trails with "the Club" or destination adventure type trips. I LUV MY LANDY! and been a Landy owner since 1996 once you go Britt, Its hard to Quit... I get that " wow this is a nice car!" feeling everytime I get into it to drive somewhere cool to meet "the Club".

Last edited:

84_250tr

Reaction score
First off, thanks to everyone for such a great thread on this topic! I just bought my first LR. It's a 2008 LR3 SE with 65k miles. I purchased it from Paul Miller Land Rover in NJ. It is in beautiful condition. Needless to say I am very excited.

I was quoted about 4k for the LR extended warranty (3 year, 36k miles) at the dealer. I am waiting for a call back from Zeiglerford. The online (auto) quote from Ziegler for 3 year / 36k from Ford ESP was $3600. I have read this entire thread and am wondering if the price has gone up or if anyone has recently purchased one and can give me some recent price data points (I thought the cost was closer to $2000).

Lastly, I realize people have discussed this before, but does anyone have any recent experience with getting the air suspension replaced under the ESP program (can someone confirm it is covered).

Thanks for all your help!

84_250tr

Reaction score
Just wanted to follow-up on my previous post. I spoke with Dana today at Ziegler. She quoted $2800 for Premium service / 3 years / 24k miles / $50 deductible. I had her confirm that the suspension air bags are still covered under the 2011 policy (they are). When I bought the car I was going to "self insure," but given Dana's quoted rate for 3 years of "piece of mind," I think I am going to pull the trigger tomorrow (from what I have read, replacing a pair of suspension air bags would easily pay for the cost of the insurance).

My car has 65k miles, which precludes it from qualifying for the 4+ year warranties. Dana said the critical mileage break point for price and policy duration is 60k miles (my same policy would have cost 1975).

crtfour

Reaction score
I have a question and my apologies if it's a dumb one, but once you have the Ford warranty, where do you go for service? The Land Rover dealer, Ford dealer, independent shops?

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM