Extended Warranties

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

delcoquito

Reaction score
Extended Warranty Coverage Quote for NYC/Northern NJ

Just wanted to share this spreadsheet I put together that compares extended coverage quotes/details I received area while searching for a carrier to go with (compiled in last quarter of 2010)...

Hope you find the info useful!

CD

Attachments

• Extended Coverage Quotes.jpg
    Extended Coverage Quotes.jpg
    139.2 KB · Views: 225

whydahdvr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm curious what your assessment was as the best company/program? The concensus I've heard is the Ford ESP PremiunCare. However, what did you discover?
Thanks.

delcoquito

Reaction score
I'm leaning towards FordESP personally, but it's only for an additional 3 years basically. I ideally wanted something that give me an additional 5 years or up to 100k miles, but it doesn't look like that's feasible.

I'm also waiting to hear back from another member who is actually researching what the cost difference is if were to purchase the coverage from an out of state LR dealership (say in Oregon or Wyoming or another lower cost of living state) instead of one of these ridiculously overpriced NYC/NJ dealers.

I plan on making my choice sometime this summer once I get closer to 45,000 miles.

CD

photodisco

Reaction score
I bought the Ford Plan and have not had to use it till recently … I bought it at 48k and at that time I was offered 7yr 100k from start date OR 4 yr 48k from that day forward. I chose the latter and effectively got another year with the same Mileage.
All you guys looking into the Ford plan should consider this …
My truck was recently taken in for a relatively minor issue but the dealer has advised that it needs new tie rods, ball joints etc fairly extensive (and expensive) work. The Ford inspector is set to look at it soon - I will post what happens.
Btw - my warranty from Ford was $2300 and it was their highest level of care.

whydahdvr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
$2300 is significantly cheaper for the Ford ESP than I've seen. You say you got the highest level, so the PremiumCare plan with $0 deductible? The best I've seen is in line with the spreadsheet above. From what I have read on this site, peoples experiences with extended warranties, there seems to be a large variation in plan prices for the Ford ESP, depending on where they purchase it.
Thanks for the info.

delcoquito

Reaction score
Tell your salesman you have a sale for him because I'll buy that same plan today on the spot from him!! Can I get his name and phone number?

Thx

CD

EGRIZZLE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Tell your salesman you have a sale for him because I'll buy that same plan today on the spot from him!! Can I get his name and phone number?

Thx

CD

I buy one also for that price!!! Much better than the $3700 I've been quoted.

goinsurfin

Reaction score
Are any of these extended warranties available if you are currently out of factory warranty? I'm gathering that they are not...My buddy just bought a 06 with 40k and in great condition. What are the options for this case if any? Thanks!

photodisco

Reaction score
Go to Fordfactoryplans.com and either select "under warranty"'and the maximum you can get is 7 hrs from inception date or select "not under factory warranty"'and the system will allow you to purchase up to 5 add'l years. The salesman at the time (I believe his name was Michael) turned me on too the 2nd option and since we only drive about 12k a year I could use the 4th year instead of the extra 4k miles.

I double checked my invoice and indeed it was an even $2300.00. In fact a quick check today for a Mercedes Gl for 4 add'l years of premium care with a $100 deductible turns up a quote of $2700.…I don't know who is quoting you guys $1500+more for the same warranty - I would shop around.

Good luck.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635