Extended Warranties

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

delcoquito

Reaction score
You ARE THE MAN Photodisco!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :hello:

I just ran the numbers on the site and they are as you indicated. I'm waiting for a callback right now just to confirm a few things, but I'm going with the 5 years 100,000 mile option and cost is only $2,600!!!!!

I'm the happiest guy alive right now. :biggrin:

Thanks again!

CD

EGRIZZLE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You ARE THE MAN Photodisco!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :hello:

I just ran the numbers on the site and they are as you indicated. I'm waiting for a callback right now just to confirm a few things, but I'm going with the 5 years 100,000 mile option and cost is only $2,600!!!!!

I'm the happiest guy alive right now. :biggrin:

Thanks again!

CD

I'm checking it out also, but it just seems strange that it's $1000 cheaper than all other Ford Premium ESP plans I've been quoted.

joecool509

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I spoke with LR yesturday and one thing to watch for is what labor rate the insurance pays. if it is less than the labor rate that is billed that you may be stuck with the difference. :eek:

whydahdvr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is the figure listed above based on out of warranty or in warranty? Is it for the max time/miles and $0 deductible or are there other parameters used?
Every time I've priced the Ford ESP PremiumCare for 7 years/100,000 miles I get a much higher dollar amount. But that may be because of my criteria. I'm looking to extend my factory warranty as much as possible using whatever warranty is the best product and best price. So far the Ford ESP seems that option but with variability in the selling price in different states.

YoungstownLR3

Reaction score
I put in my info at the Ziegler ford site (because that it where fordfactoryplans.com) redirected me to) also and received the 2600$ premium care with $100 deductibles quote... I never got a call back and I left messages. I called my local ford dealer here in Buffalo and they quoted me $4800 for 4 year/48k ford ESP but then offered another warranty that they sell called the Mechanic Premium- $4200 for the 4 years/48k. I'm still looking to hear back from the Ziegler Ford people (fordfactoryplans.com) because they are so much less.

delcoquito

Reaction score
Follow-up re Ziegler Ford

Ok, so I spoke to Dana from Ziegler Ford who tells me the website is affiliated with them but that Michael Case is the guy who runs it and it's basically a stand-alone unit. It's been 5 days and Michael has yet to return my call, however, Dana crunched the numbers for me and if she were to sell me the plan cost would be $2,875 ($275 more than online quote) because they have a different arrangement with Ford for selling the extended plans and they pay more than Michael Case per issuance).

She also sells Zurich plans and the same exact 5 year/100k coverage (effective from purchase date, not in service date) would cost $5,238 through them!!! WHAT A RIP OFF!!! lololololol

I'm definitely buying FordESP plan for $2,600 by end of month through the website. The plan is same Factory Warranty bump-to-bumper (exclusionary) coverage, is fully transferrable and can be used at ANY Ford (Land Rover, Jaguar, etc.) dealership and even certified mechanic shops.

The link to the plan overview is here: http://www.factoryplans.com/assets/cms/files/brochure_PremiumCARE.pdf

CD

YoungstownLR3

Reaction score
Ok, so I spoke to Dana from Ziegler Ford who tells me the website is affiliated with them but that Michael Case is the guy who runs it and it's basically a stand-alone unit. It's been 5 days and Michael has yet to return my call, however, Dana crunched the numbers for me and if she were to sell me the plan cost would be $2,875 ($275 more than online quote) because they have a different arrangement with Ford for selling the extended plans and they pay more than Michael Case per issuance).

She also sells Zurich plans and the same exact 5 year/100k coverage (effective from purchase date, not in service date) would cost $5,238 through them!!! WHAT A RIP OFF!!! lololololol

I'm definitely buying FordESP plan for $2,600 by end of month through the website. The plan is same Factory Warranty bump-to-bumper (exclusionary) coverage, is fully transferrable and can be used at ANY Ford (Land Rover, Jaguar, etc.) dealership and even certified mechanic shops.

The link to the plan overview is here: http://www.factoryplans.com/assets/cms/files/brochure_PremiumCARE.pdf

CD

Are you sure that she was referring to 5 year 100k for $2800. Spoke with Chas at Longmont Ford (BldrRover mentioned him on page 2 of this thread) monday and he said 4 year 48k for that much. I'm sure it has something to do with the year though.. I'm in an 05, so if you're in an 06 perhaps it's cheaper... He also said that I had to go to a Ford dealer, not any certified shop or Land Rover dealer... Please fill us all in when Michael Case gets back to you. I'm going to put another call in over there tomorrow.

delcoquito

Reaction score
@ Young

For absolute certain, the $2600 quote is for 5 year/100k (w/ $100 deductible) in effect from date I purchase it.

Dana even offers 6 & 7 year/125k option packages, but the price jumps significantly to $3800 for 6y/125k so I didn't even bother asking about 7 year. Dana's # is 574-294-1563 x 202, see for yourself.

Year of truck definitely has something to do with the cost. She said being that my truck is still under manufacturer's original warranty I qualifyto be have policy issued for minimal price (she said it falls under "new" plan, whatever that means), whereas if I was out of warranty it would be more expensive based on existing mileage and number of years car has been out of original manufacturer's warranty.

CD

YoungstownLR3

Reaction score
That's probably the deal then. Because I am out of warranty I probably pay for 4 years what you pay for 5 and for what I would pay for 5 years you would get 6. Makes enough sense to me. I will call her tomorrow though. Thank you.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflint2112