Extended Warranties

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

whydahdvr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It almost seems that folks are getting better prices after they're out of warranty vs while still under the factory warranty. Seems backwards to me...

jtrain

Reaction score
You ARE THE MAN Photodisco!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :hello:

I just ran the numbers on the site and they are as you indicated. I'm waiting for a callback right now just to confirm a few things, but I'm going with the 5 years 100,000 mile option and cost is only $2,600!!!!!

I'm the happiest guy alive right now. :biggrin:

Thanks again!

CD

Hi. Did you ever buy the Ford Esp plan? I am looking at it and get conflicting info if I have to purchase plan before expiration of my 4/50 warranty or if I can wait until after expiration and buy a 3/36 warranty. Would love to know what you decided.

jtrain

Reaction score
It almost seems that folks are getting better prices after they're out of warranty vs while still under the factory warranty. Seems backwards to me...

I agree. I ran a quote for the ford esp 7/75 plan (my warranty expires 7/31) and for the out of warranty 3/36 extended warranty and the quote was a little less. I cant seem to get a straight answer if Ford will actually sell the out of warranty plan. The Ford rep I contacted told me that the ESP plan must be purchased before expiration of 4/50 warranty. However, the online quote engine (Ziegler Ford) gives me an out of warranty quote for 3/36 plan. Any thoughts?

whydahdvr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When I bought my LR3 from the dealership I asked about extended warranty's. They're offering one around $4500 that would extend for another 3 years/50k miles (7yr/100k). They claimed it mirrors the LR warranty exactly, no deductible, etc. However, that's a chunk of $$$$ and the Ford ESP seems to be the best deal. But I agree it's hard to analyze accurately.
Let us know what you find out. I still have until next January before my warranty expires.

jtrain

Reaction score
Ford ESP Warranty

When I bought my LR3 from the dealership I asked about extended warranty's. They're offering one around $4500 that would extend for another 3 years/50k miles (7yr/100k). They claimed it mirrors the LR warranty exactly, no deductible, etc. However, that's a chunk of $$$$ and the Ford ESP seems to be the best deal. But I agree it's hard to analyze accurately.
Let us know what you find out. I still have until next January before my warranty expires.

I found out from Jack at Lombard Ford that the ESP plan he sells must be purchased before expiration of the 4/50 warranty. His price was $3350 for a 7/75 warranty with $100 deductible. Waiting to hear back fron Ziegler ford. Their online quote for the premium 7/75/100 plan is $2795. For an out of warranty 3/36/100 plan (best deal) the quote is $1,750Big difference. Still don't get why out of warranty plans are cheaper, though.

jtrain

Reaction score
Jack at Lombard Ford said Premium ESP warranty must be purchased before expiration of 4/50 warranty. Price was $3350 for 7/75 plan with $100 deductible.
Ziegler Ford quotes me $2795 for the 7/75/100 ESP plan. The out of warranty 3/36/100 plan is $1795. Not sure why the out of warranty plan is less expensive. Waitinf to hear back fromiegler Ford.
LR offered me an extension of another 1 yr/12k miles for $2,300.

manbehindbeard

Reaction score
Jack at Lombard Ford said Premium ESP warranty must be purchased before expiration of 4/50 warranty. Price was $3350 for 7/75 plan with $100 deductible.
Ziegler Ford quotes me $2795 for the 7/75/100 ESP plan. The out of warranty 3/36/100 plan is $1795. Not sure why the out of warranty plan is less expensive. Waitinf to hear back fromiegler Ford.
LR offered me an extension of another 1 yr/12k miles for $2,300.

I just bought my LR3 and got 1yr/12k included in the purchase. I tried to talk them into 2/24. They said they'd let me buy another 1/12 "at cost" for 1600 so that 2300 seems steep. The question, of course, though is what on earth does "at cost" mean when it comes to warranty and how do they determine that?

jtrain

Reaction score
I just bought my LR3, too. Its an 07 with 35k. LR threw in the 12/12 for me as well, and sold it to me as a CPO vehicle. I thought the $2,300 for another 12/12 was high, too. Just wondering if I should buy another warranty now to cover me a few more years. It doesnt look like LR is competitive with price.

delcoquito

Reaction score
Shown below is a screenshot of the prices being offered for the 6 year (i.e. 2 additional years from om warranty) and 7 year (i.e. 3 years additional to om warranty) through Ziegler Ford. Nobody is being their prices, but I still haven't purchased anything. I'm in limbo for now and in no rush being that I have the whole year until my omw warranty runs out (on 11/17/11). I will eventually get the 7yr/100mi warranty and add an extra 50k and 3 years to my car (presumably sometime after summer), seems like best bang for the buck being that my car only has 42,000 miles and we drive under 15,000 a year.

Also, this is a the Official Ford ESP details page (directly from Ford) where you can compare what's covered, etc: http://www.flmowner.com/servlet/ContentServer?pagename=Owner/Page/ESPPage

250599165.gif

P.S. I'm really interested in knowing why the "out of warranty" coverage is so much cheaper at 3/36 for $1795?????
CD

Attachments

• Ziegler-Quotes.jpg
    Ziegler-Quotes.jpg
    24.2 KB · Views: 158

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflint2112