Extended Warranties

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Coop

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Zeigler quote for my 2007 LR3 w/ 35k miles. ESP Premium Care - 7 years / 75k miles for $3130 with $0 deductible. Local LR shop (Euro Motors) quoted $2700 for 1st Choice Plan for an additional 40k miles, $0 deductible and Cary Land Rover quoted $3126 for Gap Wise Plan for 3 years / up to 75k miles and $0 deductible.

Leaning towards the ESP plan based upon feedback from the forum but Cary Land Rover is pushing their plan based upon relationship with provider.

What to do...

DonMitsu

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We looked at several when we got our LR4 and went with JM&A (The old Jim Moran and Associates) This company administers Toyota's factory service contracts in the U.S. and also handles Toyota Motor Credit retail administration. It's a very solid company and seems to offer good coverage for a reasonable cost.

jtrain

Reaction score
Zeigler quote for my 2007 LR3 w/ 35k miles. ESP Premium Care - 7 years / 75k miles for $3130 with $0 deductible. Local LR shop (Euro Motors) quoted $2700 for 1st Choice Plan for an additional 40k miles, $0 deductible and Cary Land Rover quoted $3126 for Gap Wise Plan for 3 years / up to 75k miles and $0 deductible.

Leaning towards the ESP plan based upon feedback from the forum but Cary Land Rover is pushing their plan based upon relationship with provider.

What to do...

How many years for for the 1st choice plan? 3 yr/40k miles? Does car still have to be under warranty?

jtrain

Reaction score
When I bought my LR3 from the dealership I asked about extended warranty's. They're offering one around $4500 that would extend for another 3 years/50k miles (7yr/100k). They claimed it mirrors the LR warranty exactly, no deductible, etc. However, that's a chunk of $$$$ and the Ford ESP seems to be the best deal. But I agree it's hard to analyze accurately.
Let us know what you find out. I still have until next January before my warranty expires.

I got a call from Dana with Ziegler Ford today. She was very helpful and her quote was basically $50 bucks more (plus tax) than the online Ziegler quote. She also is using the latest contract (2010 version) for the Premium ESP plan. She can't explain why the out of warranty plans are less expensive than the under warranty plans. She did say that she called Ford and they told her the car has to brought to a Ford dealership to diagnose then it can go to another repair facility. Jack at Lombard Ford told me that you can take it to any repair facility. Once I get a copy of the warranty from Dana I will compare with the one from Lombard.

whydahdvr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good info to know. I think we'll all be interested in your comparison. Thanks.

merrion13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just pulled the trigger on a 3yr/36K ESP Premium care through Chas at Longmont Ford (he has been mentioned a few other times in this forum). My vehicle is an '06 with 49K miles (out of factory warranty) and I paid $2290 for the coverage (plan has a $100 deductible). I could have financed over 17 months for an additional $250 finance charge but I decided it wasn't worth the $250. Hope to never need to use the warranty but feel much better about having it on my recent purchase.

jtrain

Reaction score
Just pulled the trigger on a 3yr/36K ESP Premium care through Chas at Longmont Ford (he has been mentioned a few other times in this forum). My vehicle is an '06 with 49K miles (out of factory warranty) and I paid $2290 for the coverage (plan has a $100 deductible). I could have financed over 17 months for an additional $250 finance charge but I decided it wasn't worth the $250. Hope to never need to use the warranty but feel much better about having it on my recent purchase.

Did you happen to notice at the bottom of the warranty contract if the edition date was 2008 or 2010? I have two different versions of the the premium ESP warranty. Thanks!

jtrain

Reaction score

Do you have the contact info for Chas at Longmont? Thanks

YoungstownLR3

Reaction score
Chas' number is 303 776 3600, he works every day except for wednesday. Just finished dealing with him, great guy. Ask him about his Mustang, it's pretty insane.

jtrain

Reaction score
Chas' number is 303 776 3600, he works every day except for wednesday. Just finished dealing with him, great guy. Ask him about his Mustang, it's pretty insane.

Thanks! Will do. Did you happen to notice the date on your ESP warranty? I have one dated 2008 and one dated 2010. I think the 2008 version is old.

Latest posts

Staff online

• joey
    Custom Rover Accessories

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflint2112