Extended Warranties

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

joecool509

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That does seem totally backwards. I'm almost at 40k miles right now and still have until JAN 2012 and 50k miles before the factory warranty expires. It seems odd that out of warranty would be cheaper than in warranty. Did Dana at Ziegler give any guidance on price above 40k miles?
Thanks!

No i did not ask about that. It does seem backwards I agree. She would be glad to answer any questions I am sure.

DIscoMike627

Reaction score
Just had my first experiance with the Ford warranty and it was fairly painless. Tierod bent and they covered the part and 80% of the labor. I did not have to go to a ford dealer, took it to Pikes Peak LandRover in Colorado Springs and they took care of everything. They are a great shop as well.

Drew888

Reaction score
So this is the way to go?

Ford's ESP?

I have about 2k miles to go before the factory warranty is up on our 2008 HSE.

Thanks,

joecool509

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So this is the way to go?

Ford's ESP?

I have about 2k miles to go before the factory warranty is up on our 2008 HSE.

Thanks,

I am the same place you are at 37500 with only 1 month to go on my 07. I am going to pull the trigger next month. The women is very helpful and said the price goes up after 40K. I am going with a 4yr 60K for 2500. This was a quote I got in April. Haven't heard any complaints with these guys yet. knock on wood.

whydahdvr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So after much debate where is the general concensus at? It sounds like the Ford ESP is the way to go and the Ziegler Ford has a good deal. Would someone mind posting the contact info again or contact and info of the best deal out there? Thanks!

escociabhoy

Reaction score
Danafrom Ziegler Ford

I recently bought an '05 LR3 and I have a little over 20,000 miles on it, I just called Dana with Ziegler Ford after reading several posts on this thread, I got a 3 year 36k plan for $1975. I jumped on it as this is a great deal, thanks for the advice.

2yellowlabs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Warranty when the factory one has already run out?

What do you guys recommend for warranties on trucks like mine - an 06 LR3 w/ 60K?

Thanks!

metalslug

Reaction score
I made sure I got extended warranty for my 05 LR3 because of all the reviews I read. I got the warranty through this 3rd party company for 4 years 75k for $2k . I got my LR3 with 42k and now it has 54K and only had to use it twice. Once for some front strut air suspension work and second for a busted thermostat. The front strut air suspension was going to cost me 500 bucks and the thermostat work was going to cost me 250 bucks. Only had to a pay a $50 deductable both times. I love piece of mind :).

2yellowlabs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
With 60K my 06 is looooong out of warranty so prices quoted were anywhere between $2000 for 1 year of a basic powertrain warranty to $12000 for a year of Platinum plus bumper to bumper.

I have settled on Gold coverage (middle of the road) for 2 years at $3400 but can still cancel and get something else.

GWDRoverTX

Reaction score
I went with the Ford ESP as a lot of people here have done. I had about 59k miles on my 2007 LR3 and got the Ford ESP Premium Care. I bought it through Ziegler Ford and paid $2,750 for 4 yrs/48k miles. I used it once for replacing the front bushings done by my indy shop which specializes in LRs and Jaguars. Only problem was slight difference between what shop charged and what Ford ESP said repair should cost.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vintage99