Extended Warranties

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rix92x

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Coverage Quote

Local LR dealer called me and emailed a quote for a warranty

"Rick, let me know if you have any questions…I’ll be back in store on Wednesday at 9am…or I get emails anytime

Total Care: $100 Deductible 3 years or 36,000 miles with 38,500 miles showing for $4850"

I currently have 38K on the odometer of the 08.

Would like to hear more about actual experiences with the ESP

joecool509

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just pulled the trigger on a 4yr 48K for my 07 HSE. It has 39K miles (40K is the breakover point for cost) With a 200$ deductible it was 2250$. This is through Zeigler Ford ESP. Very helpful but very busy so don't give up if you cannot get ahold of the warranty person.

schafari

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just purchased my second Ford ESP warranty on my 2005 LR3. I have had the ESP, and I just purchased it again as the old one was expiring. 3yrs 24k miles for $2620. That is on my 2005 with 61,924 miles. This is for the best ESP warranty that covers everything bumper to bumper. PremiumCare or something like that. Ziegler is where I got it, from Mike Case. Very responsive and helpful. Multiple email exchanges responed to in near real time. . . Call back wihtin hours of original call.

tomasesto

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just purchased my second Ford ESP warranty on my 2005 LR3. I have had the ESP, and I just purchased it again as the old one was expiring. 3yrs 24k miles for $2620. That is on my 2005 with 61,924 miles. This is for the best ESP warranty that covers everything bumper to bumper. PremiumCare or something like that. Ziegler is where I got it, from Mike Case. Very responsive and helpful. Multiple email exchanges responed to in near real time. . . Call back wihtin hours of original call.
Really?, I was told by my previous ESP rep that they DID NOT offer a 2nd term ESP Premium Care policy hmmmm but your rep did so.... I need contact info as my 1st term is ending mid 2012 and I was super happy with my policy and wish to purchas an Xtra Extended warranty.

roverman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Darn it, didn't know I had a decision to make come January...
Haven't used mine once so far, so that'll make for a tough decision.

tomasesto

Full Access Member
Reaction score
waranty

Darn it, didn't know I had a decision to make come January...
Haven't used mine once so far, so that'll make for a tough decision.

Worn AT tires they can get loud at times which is sometimes the case so I took it in to my local shop and low and behold when they put it on the lifts and the listened closely professionally to roar/humm/noise, ended up being the rear dif.... just saying if you never had and an issue better get it to a pro b4 waranty expires and youre outta pocket

Sonies

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I opted to not get the extended warranty as the only "bumper to bumper" ones would run me well over 6k for only 3 years or 36k miles! I just bought an 07 with slightly under 55k on it

So I'm going to "out of pocket it" only because I can afford to, I think all this ride needs is some new tires and i'll be set. Yeah its not perfect but everything major works great, Although I am a bit concerned that the "road noise" from my POS GY Wrangler tires going over 20mph is something more severe, but the alignment seems pretty good.

I just won't be driving it enough over the next 3 years (less than 5k a year probably) so its just not worth it

EGRIZZLE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I opted to not get the extended warranty as the only "bumper to bumper" ones would run me well over 6k for only 3 years or 36k miles! I just bought an 07 with slightly under 55k on it

So I'm going to "out of pocket it" only because I can afford to, I think all this ride needs is some new tires and i'll be set. Yeah its not perfect but everything major works great, Although I am a bit concerned that the "road noise" from my POS GY Wrangler tires going over 20mph is something more severe, but the alignment seems pretty good.

I just won't be driving it enough over the next 3 years (less than 5k a year probably) so its just not worth it

How much did you pay? SE or HSE?

goinsurfin

Reaction score

Not a bad direction to take since you don't plan on driving it much but note with 55k, you'll most likely replace front and rear differentials, compressor for suspension, and front/rear bushings- will cost a few $$$ easily. As for the GYs, consider replacing them soon for your own peace of mind and quiet ride! keep it aligned and keep the air pressure up too. You won't regret it! Good luck!

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vintage99