Farewell

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RobRover88

Full Access Member
Reaction score
G'day Michael Gain,
I've always enjoyed your posts. Sorry to see you leave the LR "family"

We don't sell a "Rebel" here in Oz. What make is that? Is it a serious offroader?

In the dealers photos I can't see an aux. fuel tank. Was that the reason you put the spare
on a swing mount? If not, was it just to make access easier for the spare? I moved my spare
to a Kaymar rear bar to fit an aux. diesel tank, but also to make access easier for me & my bad back.

The dealers listed price makes it a real bargain for someone wanting a low-mileage "real" offroader with
serious comfort & handling - compared to a Wrangler!

Michael Gain

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dang, I literately picked mine up 2 weeks ago... If this was available when I was looking I would have certainly of pick this up at 26k. Nice upgrades, wish mine had some of those. I've never seen a spare tire mounted on the back before. What did you have plugged into passenger's cigarette port?

Its the tymate TPMS display. I left the OEM TPMS in the stock wheels when switching to the 18s.

Michael Gain

Full Access Member
Reaction score
G'day Michael Gain,
I've always enjoyed your posts. Sorry to see you leave the LR "family"

We don't sell a "Rebel" here in Oz. What make is that? Is it a serious offroader?

In the dealers photos I can't see an aux. fuel tank. Was that the reason you put the spare
on a swing mount? If not, was it just to make access easier for the spare? I moved my spare
to a Kaymar rear bar to fit an aux. diesel tank, but also to make access easier for me & my bad back.

The dealers listed price makes it a real bargain for someone wanting a low-mileage "real" offroader with
serious comfort & handling - compared to a Wrangler!

The 265-70/18 tire wasn't going to fit under there. So I figured it made sense.

The Rebel is just a trim package on the Ram 1500. It has some off-road necessities (4WD, locking rear diff, two speed transfer case, more tire sidewall and a factory lift) but, It's a full size truck. It is definitely not as capable as the LR4, but it should be good for the random fire trail or beach drive.

RobRover88

Full Access Member
Reaction score
G'day again Michael Gain, I found the RAM Rebel on the U.S. website. Good looking rig. We can now
buy Ram pick-ups here in Oz, but only the 1500 with the Hemi V8 or the 3.0 liter diesel in Express or Laredo trim levels. My second vehicle is a Chrysler 300 sedan with that 3.0 liter V6 diesel. It's a brilliant
motor - stacks of torque & incredibly economical on long runs. I get 46.5 mpg (US gals) Sydney to Melbourne (600 miles) full load @ speed limit. Don't know how it goes in the RAM truck though. They're
converted to RH drive here in Melbourne that also converts Chevy Silverado's. Sold through official dealers with full warranty. I may eventually replace the Chrysler 300 with a RAM Hemi V8 & keep my LR4 for long offroad adventures. Mainly because I can't comfortably get behind the wheel of a Mustang!

Michael Gain

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks like it sold! I've already been talking to the new owner. I gave him first right of refusal on my leftover garage goodies. Anything he passes on, I'll post up in the classified section.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OnoA