Faulty Remote replacement

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sunlion

Reaction score
I just though I'd share this. My wife and I had been having intermittent problems with the remote not opening the vehicle. This caused much panic in my wife, which was then directed to me. In looking into replacing the remote, it was $300.00 at the dealer, Seattle area, plus another $100.00 to activate. Of course I googled and found British Parts of Utah, call them and ordered the remote for $125, then found a non dealer shop in Bellevue to activate the key for $50.00. The remote from BP Utah came without the blade which the shop transferred from the bad remote. The important thing is the frequency of the remote which is 315 MHz for North America. It clearly shows this on the remote.

Learth

Reaction score
Did Utah require your proof of ownership, VIN, etc? The remote has to be paired with the vehicle at the factory and they use the VIN to do this I believe.

sunlion

Reaction score
No, they just mailed the remote part, without the blade (key part) which is why the dealer checks ID etc. The replacement the dealer sends has the remote and the key blade. My shop easily put the old key blade on the new remote and had the software to program the remote to the car.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OnoA