Feedback on ET27 vs ET44 offset for 265/65R18

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DallasLoneStar

Reaction score
Like the title says, I am looking for experience with these offsets to help me select which one I am going to order for my Tuffant Alloys. Mostly concerned with max clearance and minimal rubbing vs. "stance" / looks. I *think* the 44 is the best "fit" into the wheel well and the 27 is a newer offset for more "stance" and may hit the upper outboard part of the fender liner under articulation more (or on bump stops) but I am not sure. As always, pics welcome too. I am also in the market for sliders if you have any comments there. Getting prepped for an overland trip with Texas Rovers in July.

DallasLoneStar

Reaction score
EDIT - found some older threads and i feel good about the 44s, seems my impressions were correct on the 27s not being quite as good a fit, but wider as some people think that looks better. Just pulled the trigger on the order direct from Tuffant USA.

Last edited:

Nechaken

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Still hoping someone confirms the ET27s fit well. I'm really digging the look of the machined face Tuffant alloys...

DallasLoneStar

Reaction score
They probably fit ok and look great under normal conditions, but for my purposes I wanted to give myself the best mobility (for that tire size at least) in case of EAS failure.

wallyyfm

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I bought the 44s. I’m going with KO2s due to slightly smaller radius on 65s. If there’s rub I’ll update. I just want to use up my ridge grapplers for the winter before I swap.

DallasLoneStar

Reaction score
@wallyyfm how have you liked the Ridge Grapplers? Experience on and off road? Looking at those as well as KO2 as they are both available in LT / e-rated 275/65R18.

wallyyfm

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Error on my part, I have the terra grappler g2’s on my 20s. Honestly yes they’ve been good, it has been maybe 3 years. One did get a puncture but has held up well after plug. The G2s went through dunes in pismo and Death Valley in may. No issues. The flat was from a nail in the driveway, figures.

I think the ridge grapplers on the 18s could rub more than the KO2s.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
petrhick