First dent on my back bumper!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Georgemera1

Reaction score
Today I went to New York city bringing my daughter to American Girl store and I went to a parking place where they tried to rip me off charging me $ 75 fee because they said it is an over size vehicle. I made a decision to get out of there and turning around myself to get out, my car hit with any of the metal posts, luckily the post was cover with rubber so the dent on the bumper didn't scratch the paint but now my LR4 has 2 small dents like 1" each one and the bumper reflector is broken too. Do any of you guys have any tips on how to fix it, there is like a line dent 2" long on the upper painted part of the bumper and the other 2 small dents are on the lower unpainted rubber part of the bumper, they are exactly on the top and bottom lips of the reflector.

Any ideas and help will be appreciated,

George.

mbw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Its got a smaller footprint than my Infiniti G35 had... lol.

Its hard to fix dents in plastic since it bends the plastic. You could replace the bumper cover I guess.

Should be able to afford it if you can handle New York and American Girl ;)

rovernut

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Maybe someone here has one that they removed and replaced with a more rugged version (ARB/Kaymar/etc) and will sell you there OEM bumper....I used to live in Philadelphia and hated having to travel into NYC and park..always ended up with some form of parking rash....down here you can spot a NYC car miles away - both bumpers and all doors are typically dinged and scratched.

Last edited:

Georgemera1

Reaction score
Thanks for the help guys. Any other inputs will be great, maybe someone has the bumper cover to sell it or knows how much it will be fix it?

PaulLR3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You will probably need to replace the cover. A body shop may be able to locate one in a salvage yard on a totaled LR4 and paint it to match your color.

I had lots of rear bumper damage on my old allroad from business trips to NYC. A local body shop obtained one from a salvage yard, painted & installed it. It looked as good as new.

Or, if you plan more trips to NYC, just leave it as-is. After all, that is what bumpers are for.

mbw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I might be more willing to go with steel bumpers if I was going to be in NYC all the time.

Part of what I love about Iowa, we can afford a few acres between cars.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM