Fixing Center Diff Lock issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
Sorry didn't see this post... should have been a separate thread.

Remove the fill bolt... if you can touch the fluid with just the tip of you finger it is full, if you can't it is low.

hi_arshard

Reaction score
No problem Joey.

I'm not much a technical person so please tell me where can i find the fill bolt? A picture or a diagram will be much more appreciated.

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
Sadly I don't have a good picture or diagram... the transfer case is the one that both driveshaft attach to (one goes to the parking brake drum).

On the bottom you will find a drain plug. Near the top you will find a PITA 1/2 driver plug, like on the front and rear diff. This is the fill plug.

whiskeynipple

Full Access Member
Reaction score
no low or nutrual CDL

I followed the steps for the removal of the center console to gain access - However my issue is that it will not go into Nutual or Low - Locks just fine.
I have removed the linkage and cannot move the Low high lever but a tinny bit - Also is there a trick to getting it to engage if the vehicle is stationary (auto tranny is in N)

I am afraid I may have to drop it - Judging by the Rave manual removing the housing for the shaft that actuates the High Low will only give me access to another lever..

Any insight would be great.

thanks,

98 Disco - stock - 85000 auto LE

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
It is always best to shift into Neutral or Low while the transmission is in Neutral and the vehicle is moving at a slow pace, but slower than 5mph. Same for going back into high.

If you can't get it to move, I suggest a lot of elbow grease and a pair of vice grips. It took me almost 1.5 hours to get mine to free when I first got mine.

achampagne

Reaction score
The first post said there were pics available at the bottom of the page, but I can't see them?

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72