For those among us WITHOUT HD package...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jsanch21

Reaction score
Have you ever felt your truck to be less than superb off road? In other words, have you encountered many situations in the rough where a rear locker would have gotten you out of a jam that your center locked truck couldn't negotiate? What are your general off road experiences without the rear locker? Please let me know!

Thanks

Count Laszlo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have tested my LR4 and can't find a reason why I'd ever need HD. If I ever did, then my LR4 would be in a place I'd never want it to be.

Last edited:

MottMcfly

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've only had my LR4 for a short time but I ran into a blizzard heading to Big Bear (Ca). Snow was flying sideways and the Highway authority was checking each vehicle. They let us right thru without chains. There was about 2 inches of snow on the road.

I really tried but I could not break traction. I had it in snow mode. Felt like I was on dry pavement.

I'm sure the HD package would come in handy in a rock crawling situation but I just can't see myself getting into that.

Marty

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM