Ford ESP Warranty now available for all LR3s still under warranty

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mustbeaudi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks, txAlfa. No one should buy a contract that can't be read. For instance, does it limit the amount per claim, or maximum per vehicle? Is deductible applied per visit (many items) or per item? Some contracts limit the hourly rates for labor to a dollar figure or to customary amounts unspecified (my LR dealer is over $125 hour!). The list of concerns goes on, and only the full contract reveals all.
I see no exclusion that affects air suspension, other than the hoses item. Maybe our system uses metal lines?
The exclusions are fairly typical, but actually much more detailed and a bit more inclusive (engine cradle, door handle, outside mirrors, for example) than many. The added items don't bother me. Not seeing the contract does. I would need to read it before paying!
I think I will check with a GM F&I guy that I know in town for a comparable quote. A friend who is a dealer in this state is seeing what he can offer us, but he's Chrysler and GMAC is a fortress of permanency compared to anything from Chrysler right now.

txAlfa

Reaction score
Thanks, txAlfa. No one should buy a contract that can't be read. For instance, does it limit the amount per claim, or maximum per vehicle? Is deductible applied per visit (many items) or per item? Some contracts limit the hourly rates for labor to a dollar figure or to customary amounts unspecified (my LR dealer is over $125 hour!). The list of concerns goes on, and only the full contract reveals all.

I agree; i'm pushing to get a copy of the actual thing. I'll let you know if I can get it quickly. Please let me know what you are able to find out from your guy.

sunlion

Reaction score
Ford of Kirkland told me an additional 3 yrs/36K miles is $2545 and 4yrs/48K miles is $2990 plus tax here in Wa. The deductable is $100.00 per visit regardless of the number of items addressed and the vehicle can be servicesed whereever you choose. The warranty is backed by Ford, is transferable and proratable is the vehicle is sold. Regarding any group discount, all they would do is give me a $50.00 referral fee. He said their margins are tight on these. I'm not much of a haggler. I've got to make a decision soon and I'll probably go with the ESP warranty.

Last edited:

Bremerbuttjer

Reaction score
Sunlion,
sounds like a great deal..if I am not already to late to get in I would definitely be interested to be part of it. I own a 2005 LR3 HSE and warranty expires 10/09. Feel free to IM or mail me with details on when and how, thanks.

jjvd21

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I spoke with Jack at Ford ESP warranty today, he emailed me the 2009 Application so I could compare the exclusions to the Land Rover promoted Easy Care warranty. How can I post the .pdf file to the forum so other people can read the fine print?

jjvd21

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I spoke with Jack at Ford ESP warranty, he emailed me the 2009 Ford ESP Extended Warranty application so I could compare the exclusions to the Land Rover promoted Easy Care warranty. How can I post the .pdf file to the forum so other people can read the fine print?

USAFbuckeye

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey y'all,

I'm in for sure on this! My 05 SE7 is about to run out of it's warranty in March 09.

Do I just call this guy up to get the info and contract to review?

Thanks in advance...

mustbeaudi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was going to read the actual contract tonight and report, then I left it at work and it's late now. Will post on Weds.

txAlfa

Reaction score
mustbeaudi, did you get a copy of the GMAC contract or another one?

mustbeaudi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
contract

1. No GMAC, not able to talk with guy I know, not yet called back. I'll try once more on Friday.
2. Chrysler - does anyone here really want to contract with Chrysler LLC or its subsidiary for a long term insurance type relationship at this point?
3. Ford: I reviewed the .pdf file tonight:

A Cover Page Section D: Coverage time begins on date you buy/sign this contract, and mileage is not an extension from 50,000 but starts with the date you buy/sign contract also. So, good to buy just before your LR 4/50 expires for either reason, but not good to buy early. This means I don't act now, whereas TxAlfa could be ready now if he's either at 47 months since car was first sold at retail or at 49,800 total odo miles.

B Page 1 (bottom shows number), Seciton 3 - definitions. Failure includes cessation of normal functioning caused by wear and tear, a good thing and something to look for in other contracts.

C Page 2, Sec 5 D -- PremiumCARE is the only "exclusionary" coverage, and words like these make it so. Must read Section 7 carefully next (I glossed over the additional and rental benefits, sorry):
7 e (1) (3) and (4) - modifications or alterations, including off road items not OEM, could give right to deny a repair.
7 r -- preexisting condition exclusion, in case anybody has any funny ideas about their presently failed part with the high dealer estimate you are too late
7 u -- vehicles used for "competitive off road use" Is competitive different than recreational?
7 v -- hoses as an exclusion is better than a general "rubber parts" exclusion that I did not see here but do see in other contracts
7 w -- door handles get mentioned twice, for gosh sakes!​

D Page 3, 8 A - Note This: Instructions where to go for repairs says that a LR owner has to call "to determine if repairs or services are covered" as opposed to taking your Ford to a Ford dealer. Could just be a formality to see if your "failure" seems like it's a covered part or not before you visit a repair facility, whereas usually the F-LM dealer would serve this function for those brands. Dunno. Truthfully, all third-party contracts that I have seen expressly require advance approval for any claims, so this is probably nothing more than that.

E. Page 3, 9 - Must prove all service history, including a log and receipts for self-service. Some of you need to watch this detail and make sure you get the dealer's logs.

I skipped all state specific language.

So, these are the highlights of what makes this contract like or dislike others. Really, it's pretty good contract.
NO limitation on the amount paid per hour of repair work or on the hours per any given repair (tied to a master book or such). NO onerous inspections required. You choose the shop - BUT it does not say ANY CERTIFIED SHOP is okay like some explicitly state, so someone might need to call and ask about that. Also does not say much about paying the dealer, mechanic or you back for the repairs.

J

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72