Fram verses Rover oil filter

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sydeem

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Living some distance from major shopping I buy many things over the net. LR stores sell filters but not oil. LR oil filters are a tad expensive but having an anti-drain back valve seems critical.

Anyone with Fram experience?

Fram Tough Guard TG16 stated as LR replacement
This filter has an improved filter element with more surface area (248 sqin), a heavy silicone anti-drainback valve with a good sealing surface.

If this has a good reputation, I can then buy Mobile 1 oil and filter from same store instead of local oil and internet (+shipping) filter.

Moose

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There was a semi-scientific study done by a guy who compared the inner workings of just about every brand and model of oil filter. Read this.

Slam

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I use them. I never thought of the anti-drainback valve though. They have always worked well for me, and much much cheaper!

sydeem

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks all - next buy is Fram TG16 at half the price of LR.

D

discomike

Don't cut quality when you are looking at the oil filters.
Just y option, but why use good oil to maintain our engines, ones that carbon up and foul the oil so quickly, just to use a crap filter.
I would recommen the K&N # 3001 or better and change the oil every 3000 miles like clock work.
Mike J.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM