Intro and oil type/interval/filter questions

Joe77

Reaction score
Thanks for the replies everyone, much appreciated. For this change I have the AC Delco filter and I'll use Mobile 1 5W20. I went through the owners manual to see if they recommended a different oil for colder temps but it's not in there. It can get pretty cold up here so I was considering 0w20 but maybe I'll just go with the 5w20 seeing as the LR will be garage parked most of the time. I've got my Mityvac ready to go and looking forward to not having to crawl under the vehicle to do an oil change for the first time ever.

timc930

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ck out FCP euro, lifetime warranty. After the first oil change, all others only cost you shipping. I use the package and bottles that come with each new oil change to package up my old oil and return. Cost me $18 for my oil changes.

ktm525

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the replies everyone, much appreciated. For this change I have the AC Delco filter and I'll use Mobile 1 5W20. I went through the owners manual to see if they recommended a different oil for colder temps but it's not in there. It can get pretty cold up here so I was considering 0w20 but maybe I'll just go with the 5w20 seeing as the LR will be garage parked most of the time. I've got my Mityvac ready to go and looking forward to not having to crawl under the vehicle to do an oil change for the first time ever.

You will be fine with 5W-20. I have cold soaked mine at -30 and it started fine. I have no block heater although it is rumoured it is installed just no cord. One day I'll look but since she lives in the garage it is down the list of priorities.

Jimmy Brooks

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You will be fine with 5W-20. I have cold soaked mine at -30 and it started fine. I have no block heater although it is rumoured it is installed just no cord. One day I'll look but since she lives in the garage it is down the list of priorities.
Really? If there was one on the 5.0 where would it be? I didn’t think they had enough space since the engine bay is rather small in these trucks.

ktm525

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Canadian deliveries had them but the electrical cord was not CSA (Canadian Standards Approved) so they left it off. Most if not all block heaters take the place of one of the frost plugs on the engine block.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hume231