Freelander 2002 v6

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NoTiNGeM

Reaction score
Hello. I have problem for Land Rover Freelander 2002 v6. It only works with reverse gear. If i remove all gearbox electricity then it works with only 4th gear doesn't matter if i turn it in 1st or 2nd gear still it is moving with 4th gear. when i turn gear to D electricity disappear at Reduction time solenoid in 2-3 seconds. Look up solenoid has very little electricity. Diagnostic shows only P0102, P174 and P177 code. Can you explain what's reason or how do i start searching the problem or whom do i contact for these problems? Sorry for my bad english. Thanks in advance.

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
Wow, I am sorry to hear this. First welcome to the forum, second don't worry about your english we all have to start somewhere.

I don't know off the top of my head, let me email a friend that works on these for a living and see what he thinks. Sadly the Freelander has been known to have lots of issues.

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
I sent him an email yesterday, waiting for a reply

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
I was told the Transmission ECU sounds to be bad. He recommends you start with that.

Derek Morton

Reaction score
Can you help. I have a Freelander 2000 in the year and 2.5 auto.
We have started to get shuddering between 30 and 50 mph.
Any ideas of what the cause maybe

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
Derek, I replied to your other thread.

NoTiNGeM

Reaction score
examining solenoids

when you examinate Line Pressure Duty solenoid and 2-4 Brake Duty solenoid with 12 wolts should it stop or should it have vibration move very fast opens and closes ? sry for bad english :) thanks in advance

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
9ineballer