Front Bumper Removal

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jak167

Reaction score
Can someone provide tips RE removing the front bumper? I have to replace a foglight (rock busted it). I looked at it today and it seems like there are four hexhead bolts up top, four torx screws on the bottom. Anything else? I don't want to disable half the car while experimenting. :hmpf::hmpf:

LROffroad

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If noone else responds to this, I just wanna say that you should just start taking off bolts until it comes off, you wont dismantle the car or anything. I'm sure you'll be fine, and feel very rewarded when your all done:)

Trynian

Reaction score
Can someone provide tips RE removing the front bumper? I have to replace a foglight (rock busted it). I looked at it today and it seems like there are four hexhead bolts up top, four torx screws on the bottom. Anything else? I don't want to disable half the car while experimenting. :hmpf::hmpf:

You need to remove the headlights, there are two pull up tabs on each one and the entire unit comes out.

Then you need to remove the fender flares. There is a phillips screw behind the headlight and one in the wheel well and a 4 plastic retainers in the wheel well. Then the rest of the flare just snap off.

There is a bolt under the fender flare on each side that you need to remove to release the bumper.

Then remove the 6 hex screws (2 are under the headlamp) on top and the 4 torx on bottom and two phillips on each side just down below the fog lights.

Last edited:

jak167

Reaction score
Thanks for the info, will be disassembling today.

davez26

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Please stop the madness.

I did this on my car and checked GTR to be sure.
Pull on the bezel surrounding the light. Remove 3 screws (one of the screws is for aiming), undo connector. Installation is reverse.
From GTR:
Front Fog Lamp (86.40.96)

Removal
1 . NOTE:
Release each clip individually. Clips may fall off if care is not taken.

Remove the front fog lamp bezel. Release the 6 clips.

2 . Release the front fog lamp. Remove the 3 screws.

3 . Remove the front fog lamp. Disconnect the front fog lamp electrical connector.

Installation
1 . Connect the front fog lamp electrical connector.

2 . Install the front fog lamp. Tighten the screws.

3 . Install the front fog lamp bezel. Secure the clips.

4 . Check the fog lamp beam alignment.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vintage99