Front Half Shafts - Replacement Time

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TrinidadLR4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had the front end in the air today and was wiggling things around, trying to pin down a weird click/clunk when stabbing the brakes at 15mph, a clunk that has persisted despite new LCAs, new sway bar links/bushings and new Arnott struts. Lo and behold, both of my front half shafts are loose. Both have noticeable rotational looseness and clicking and one of them has significant fore/aft/sideways slack too. Great. This might also explain a highway vibration, despite rebalancing the wheels multiple times already. Looking on my usual part websites, seeing a lot of aftermarket options for these from Cardone, GSP and SurTrack(on the cheap end, guessing these are Chinese specials), to more reputable ones(GKN and OEM), with obvious price differences. Since there is such a wide range of prices for these, has anyone had any good luck with any of the aftermarket choices? Not trying to pay 300+ per side for OEM, unless everything else is junk. Seeing some decent write-ups on how to replace these already, but if anyone has any good ones or any tips or tricks, let me know. Once the temps drop to sub triple digits, it's time to get these done. Thanks!

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
A562NV