front lower control arm install

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

eljefe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks like I will be installing new front lower controls arms by this weekend. I have been hearing this clunk when doing quick braking on my lr4. Does anyone have any tips for me? My 2010 has 87,000 miles. I purchased with 33,000 miles and have never replaced them. Lucky8 offroad has the cheapest price for the whole front lower control arms set and hardware. I wanted the poly bush but they are out of the poly bush and a week lead time. I will probably see how hard it is to remove the worn out bushing and replace them on the worn out arms, then put them aside for 30-40k miles down the road.

Thanks,

NASdiesel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Check your uppers as well. I had the same and it was loose tie rod and upper arms were shot. Lowers were fine.

Surfrider77

Full Access Member
Reaction score
LCAs are super common on these trucks. I just replaced mine about a year ago at around 32k miles. I off-road quite a bit, it's 120F here in the summer, and these trucks weigh over 3 tons loaded up with passengers and cargo. It's no big surprise mine went as soon as they did.

I won't make the mistake of paying dealer rates for parts / labor again though!

**EDIT** Meant to clarify LCA bushings are what go on these. And yea, your "clunk" is exactly the tell-tale sign.

Last edited:

pat955

Reaction score
I installed a pair of lucky 8 LCAs at 60k. Definitely get the whole control arm and not just the bushings. I had to torch the old ones to get them out. You might get lucky and get your control arm out in one piece.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

remember5

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I agree with everyone, the difference in your ride afterward is amazing, it's like driving a new truck, I did lowers and tie rods, Goodyear said the uppers were fine. 207k on my LR3.

joecool509

Full Access Member
Reaction score
*********** oil the day before and apply heat prior to removing the bolts. Propane torch will work. It's isn't bad if it works but give it time to dissolve the rust. New truck feel for sure.

colorover

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Quick question for the group. About to do my front LCAs and hubs. Worth doing to tie rods at the same time? LR3 with about 92k miles.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM