Drivetrain Noise While accelerating and decelerating

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

M32H32IS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Has anyone ever experienced a similar sound?

Last edited:

M32H32IS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes, but I’m sure there much more to come.

Every time I drive it, another part fails. I shoulda just financed a D110, it would’ve been cheaper lol.

BigBriDogGuy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My neighbor's daughter's roommate is hanging out with the daughter as they house sit while my neighbors are gone on vacation. The roommate has a nice GX 470 that she's been parking on the street close to my LR4 in the drive. Slightly lifted. Fat AT tires on small wheels. Clean. Straight. Nice color too. Sort of a super light metallic green. Very similar structure and stance to the LR4. Narrow at the top. A bit tall. My LR4 looks boxier, black with some silver and chrome trim, and generally more aggressive with the fenders and expanded metal (plastic) grill. Other than that, they're pretty close.

M32H32IS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
DJKaos and me spoke and we think it’s the driveshaft, but I can’t figure out which one.

Is there a way to test / check?

Has anyone replace their front driveshaft?

Last edited:

djkaosone

'11 LR4 HSE LUX 5.0L V8
Reaction score
Do you have a gopro or some camera that you can stick down there? Point it towards the front of the rear driveshaft at the CV joint and then at the U joint in the rear, and do the same with the front driveshaft.

For me, I just happen to have my oem rear driveshaft with a torn boot at the CV joint up front and was able to swap it out.

M32H32IS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good call on the go-pro. I tried resting my iPhone on the LCA but that was risky bidnez

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sawcut