Front wheel hop/shudder

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

vindio

Reaction score
A couple of days ago, I was getting ready to back in to a parking spot: put it in reverse, cranked the wheel all the way to the right, and gave it gas. As soon as the truck started moving back, the right front wheel felt like it was hopping/shuddering for a second or two. Is this just your typical "4WD hop"? It felt a bit disconcerting, but I took it to the shop today, and they looked at all the front suspension components - everything is tight, apparently.

Anybody experienced this before?

Thanks!

v

JARentDTOM

Reaction score
47D36E07-3226-4D5A-A353-BBD9EA7DEBD5.jpeg DB79D36E-8C6D-40B8-B55D-FDD0F1F5596F.jpeg This is what I had some of. I can’t tell you which part it was, but I believe it was either in my front axle or steering rack (replaced same time). Do you have any steering rack boot bleed?

gleung

Reaction score
it seem to be a common "issue" for LR4
for a steering full lock in reverse you might want to be as gentle as your can to avoid stress up your CV joints etc

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72