Front windshield electric defroster distortion at night

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The lines in the windshield have not bothered me at all, but I do see them at times. One thing I do notice is that I sit pretty upright in my seat, but when I had the seat way back, I saw them more pronounced. Not sure if this is just me, or in general.

I do not live in an area with snow, but I am still happy to have them because I may be moving in the next year or two - likely to a snowy climate.

Hopefully the lines are not a deal breaker.

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
After I read stuff on here about lines in the windshield I had to look for them. I don't normally notice unless I actively lok for it. No issues at night so far.
I am the exact same way. I actually forget they are there unless I really look for them.

MottMcfly

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I hope I'm not jynxing myself here but I've known about these since before I brought mine home but I've never seen them. Now after 1800 miles, I still dont notice the lines. I have'nt exactly gone hunting for them either....

Marty

crewcabrob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Last year I had a lot of issue with them. lately, I have not noticed them at all. I think last year, I was spending too much time at the computer and it really hurt my eyes. I would see the lines all the time like my eyes were trying to focus on them and not past them. I'm spending less time working at my PC these days and it seems to help.

Rob

StevenJ_AK

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No kidding i noticed it pretty bad at night in the winter time. In fact the only time you should really notice the distortion is when its on at night. The heat in combination with lines causes a light refraction. I asked my eye doctor about it last year when i had eye surgery because thats when i noticed it first. When i wasnt wearing glasses. He explained it pretty well and could tell me exactly what i was seeing. And more than anything it was when it was night time and you would look up to a sign like a gas station sign off the side of the road as you approach it. I still notice it too! it seems like the portion of the object you are looking at is skipping across your windshield in a way

1badrover

Reaction score
I test drove several and never noticed the little lines. Then probably drove ours a day or two before seeing them. At first I thought that there was no way I'd ever get used to them.
Now...I don't even notice them and it's amazing how fast the ice comes off in the winter time...

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vintage99