Fuel Cap won’t lock.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

D4Dude

Reaction score
Hello all,

I’ve recently realised my fuel cap/door won’t lock.

I’ve tried locking it with the door open and can’t see any movement (pin coming forward etc) so I think this is the issue.

I’m not sure however what’s causing it not to move. As the arms look intact, and it’s sounds like the electric lock is firing(although the door locks are so loud it’s hard to determine if it’s the rear door locking or the tank attempting to.)

The fuse is fine F34 lower glove box 10amp.

What else could I should be checking?

ktm525

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Who knows, LR4 in North America has no lock. A screwdriver defeats that flimsy door in 0.05 seconds...

WatchStander

Reaction score
Hello all,

I’ve recently realised my
Hello all,

I’ve recently realised my fuel cap/door won’t lock.

I’ve tried locking it with the door open and can’t see any movement (pin coming forward etc) so I think this is the issue.

I’m not sure however what’s causing it not to move. As the arms look intact, and it’s sounds like the electric lock is firing(although the door locks are so loud it’s hard to determine if it’s the rear door locking or the tank attempting to.)

The fuse is fine F34 lower glove box 10amp.

What else could I should be checking?
What year/model LR4 do u have? I have a 2016 and I am not aware of it having a locking gas cap feature (geez, now I’m embarrassed revealing this possible personal oversight to the world!). I checked the owners manual and also found nothing. Did I miss something in all these years of ownership???

ftillier

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think there's provisions for a lock actuator, and the wiring diagram shows a relay powered by fuse 34, so it must have been available in other countries. My 2012 does not have it.

Nechaken

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think there's provisions for a lock actuator, and the wiring diagram shows a relay powered by fuse 34, so it must have been available in other countries. My 2012 does not have it.
I believe FSG500030 is the actuator mechanism. Could probably retrofit if someone really wanted to.

D4Dude

Reaction score
Mines a late 2014 (UK model) I was under impression they were all supposed to have one. My 07 did after all!

I’m in the UK and sure it’s supposed to (have read elsewhere but none of the fixes seem to have worked), especially as I have the factory fuse fitted which they wouldn’t do it if it wasn’t supposed to…

Last edited:

ktm525

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Uk fuel is priced like gold. May explain the fuel door lock. Also LR4 tank is relatively small so real pros target Suburbans instead.

D4Dude

Reaction score
Fixed the issue after reading the below on about the L/D3.

Essentially exactly the same had happened, for what ever reason it had popped out to I just popped it back in.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OnoA