Fuel D534 wheels

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

keya

Reaction score
I keep seeing this one picture of Fuel D534 on LR4 on multiple sites. http://www.caliwheels.com/Land-Rover-LR4-g-14887.htm Does anyone have experience with these? Do you need spacers?

I have read about issues with Compo powder coating issues and I’m trying to find alternatives. I like the TuffAnt Alloy but they’re pricy and out of stock. I’m not crazy about Evo either. so if Fuel doesn’t work, I might have to go with steel wheels :-/
Unless i find/see pictures of shaved calipers to fit other rims Those Black Rhino’s are nice. I called them and they only recommend 20" rims and above for LR4.

upload_2020-11-12_0-19-39.jpeg

http://www.fueloffroad.com/

Michael Gain

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Guess it depends what style you like, and what purpose you have for your vehicle.

We have 17" fuel D689 rims on our 4runner, and i have tuffant steelies on the LR4. I like both rim types, and prefer the steel wheels on the LR4.

I do not think you need spacers with the fuel rims. I think it is the opposite. They normally have extreme offsets (+12, +1, or negative) and may protrude from the wheel arches--not the best for off roading.

keya

Reaction score
@Michael Gain purpose: I’m new to this. I’ve mainly owned sport cars. I see myself driving between cities on highway and take it to light off-roading sometime. Since I live in Southern California, i don’t see mud / moisture in my future. It would be more gravel, sand, and highway usage i believe. Does that help?

Michael Gain

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm with you brother. An upsized 20" tire would allow you to do all of that (depending how deep the sand is) and would give you more aftermarket wheel choices. The beauty of the compos and tuffants are that you need no spacers, nor caliper grinding, to make them fit; and you have the benefit of larger sidewall with the 18" rim.

If it were me, I would wait for the tuffant alloys to come back in stock (if you like that style). It would allow you to avoid the delaminatiom issues with the compos, and give you a more refined look over the steelies. You would have the added benefit of increased sidewall (even of you stayed at the stock diameter) in the event you wanted to go off road (can never really foresee all road variables--logs, pointy sticks, etc) and you would not have to research the perfect offset to fit within the wheel arches.

I Hope that helps

@Michael Gain purpose: I’m new to this. I’ve mainly owned sport cars. I see myself driving between cities on highway and take it to light off-roading sometime. Since I live in Southern California, i don’t see mud / moisture in my future. It would be more gravel, sand, and highway usage i believe. Does that help?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM