Fuel tank issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

proslambanomenos

Reaction score
07 LR3 - I am experiencing two issues that are unrelated to each other.

#1: I got in one morning and noticed the gauge was at bare empty with lights blinking on startup (goes solid after a few seconds). At first I got mad thinking someone had siphoned my tank. I crawled to the nearest gas station expecting not to make it, but once there it only took a gallon. I plugged in an OBD reader and I get P0463, "Fuel Level Sensor A Circuit High Input" Do I need to drop the tank and replace the sensor? This has been going on for a couple weeks now.

#2: Whenever I fill up at the tank, the auto shutoff sensor on the pump handle works, but almost always ever-so-slightly too late, making it so several ounces of fuel spill through the pressure release hole and sometimes through the fill hole.

Any of you fine folks have any suggestions / solutions?

Much obliged

CMGRover

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got the exact same issue....the tank does need to be dropped and both sensors and the gasket needs to be replaced.

tlt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Take it to the dealer, let them resolve this issue. There is also an upgrade tank seal. Mine was smelling like gas for awhile and I took it in. After a flatbed and redo issue was resolved. The piping is pretty complicated for all that stuff.. This is one of the few items I would leave for the dealer / LR master mechanic type of outfit to sort out.

Some of the LR specific independents may have experience with it as well.. We just don't have one of either that is competent locally.

CMGRover

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My indy here replaced the sensors and gasket for $600ish. Did a great job too.

tlt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Who's your indy-- make'm famous..

CMGRover

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Didn't see this post till now- but in case anybody is curious it's a two guy small garage. Tesla auto services, La Crosse WI. Worth if it you live in Rochester, Minneapolis or Madison for sure. Greg is the owner and the guy to go to!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vintage99