Gas Flange Recall and fixing code p2402

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SSRover

Reaction score
My 2012 LR4 didn’t pass MA inspection due to small evap leak code P2402. We purchased the Bosch part for this, but my husband said it was more work than he wanted to do and to just have the dealer install it when they do the n623 gas flange recall.

LR4 is currently having recall work done. Does anyone know if this Bosch/evap part can be easily installed while they are doing the recall work? They are saying it will be 4-5 hrs to install it. The area where the valve needs to be replaced is rusted and it will take a lot of work to access it, according to them.

Forgive me, I have very little/zero mechanical knowledge so I’m at a disadvantage when speaking to dealer service depts and knowing what actually needs to be done and how it’s done.

Thanks!

Rover Range

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The DMTL pump is located above the spare tire area, in the charcoal cannister.
The charcoal cannister is mounted between the body and frame.
It is a pain to get to. But not 5hrs worth of pain.

f1racer328

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I replaced my DMTL pump in about 45 minutes. You can get to it from under the vehicle.

SSRover

Reaction score
The DMTL pump is located above the spare tire area, in the charcoal cannister.
The charcoal cannister is mounted between the body and frame.
It is a pain to get to. But not 5hrs worth of pain.
So zero to do with the area of the recall? And definitely a pain - my husband tried to get to it and he couldn’t thanks to fear of snapping some rusty bolts (I believe).

f1racer328

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So zero to do with the area of the recall? And definitely a pain - my husband tried to get to it and he couldn’t thanks to fear of snapping some rusty bolts (I believe).
Yep, not in the same area if it is the DTML pump that you guys bought.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OnoA