Gauging interest in Anitas EAS control unit.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

harbinger808

Reaction score
Just wished they did an in-between setup so i could get the best of both worlds for my needs.

I know their standard unit is more off road oriented and it comes pre set with basic values such as : -2 ; +2.5 ; +5 and +7.5 , but there is also a street or sport oriented set up , there.

Stealther

Reaction score
Interesting. I went to their website but its pretty incomplete with lots of dead links. I can't find much about their product other than a few of their Youtube VideosYouTube Videos. I'm interested but I haven't seen enough to make me want to install that on my LR4, no reviews and an engineering company that can't maintain a functional website doesn't inspire confidence.

17 & 18" wheels sound interesting but no specs available the link to specifications is (surprise) a dead link.

Does the OP have any links to any actual customer reviews of this system?

umbertob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There seem to be plenty of happy Anitas owners on Euro forums such as disco3 dot co dot uk - although a large majority seem to speak Italian and I'll be happy to translate... :wink:

I am sure Anitas is a terrific product made by some dedicated enthusiasts, however they sound like they invented sliced bread when describing it. That's really not the case, since Anitas was pretty much created as a carbon copy of LLAMS introduced a couple of years earlier, with some minor bells and whistles of questionable value added to the kit so it wouldn't look like a total clone. It is far from being a "totally different product". So, I thought I'd offer a more objective comparison, as I've owned a LLAMS since 2011 and have been very happy with it on both my old 2006 Range Rover Sport and current 2013 LR4 (same module, just moved it from a vehicle to another.)

- Anitas offers an extra height setting compared to LLAMS, +7.5 cm, or about 3". That's true, although I'd also maintain that height will be pretty much useless off-road (it looks impressive in the parking lot of that video, though...) when used along with the standard off-road height of the LR4 - at +12.5 cm total you will most likely get a suspension fault as soon as you hit something larger than a pebble on a trail. There is only so much suspensions travel you can steal electronically with these hacks before the EAS unceremoniously kick you out after you hit their upper limit. At +5 cm and off-road height, you are already pushing those limits if the car automatically enters extended off-road height, for example.

- LLAMS offers 3/special modes, just like Anitas, via the hidden function button that comes with the kit.

- LLAMS module is encased in plastic, Anitas in aluminum... Also true, but I fail to see the advantage of aluminum over plastic, since the boxes only contain an electronic board that will be permanently buried away near the EAS module, under the A-pillar inside your car. You will never see that box again after installation.

- Anitas has a controller with 2 switches and a bunch of LEDs, LLAMS just one rotary controller with one multi-color LED, plus a small, hidden function switch.... Matter of taste I guess. The controller of Anitas looks pretty hefty in the installations I saw, so perhaps not as easy to install on the LR4? Potatoes, potatos. They both do the same friggin' thing.

- LLAMS comes pre-calibrated for many Land Rover models as well, LR4 included up to MY13, don't know if they have updated their module for later model years yet. Manual calibration is optional (although recommended for the most accurate results and mandatory for certain models.) For my 2013 LR4 it was truly a plug-n-play affair, built-in calibration parameters were accurate.

- The Anitas kit comes in a plastic presentation box with foam... Not sure why, but hey! It's a free empty box after you instal the whole thing in your car. :biggrin:

The LLAMS was more expensive when they were the only game in town, now that Anitas is out they are cheaper... Ain't competition grand? The strong US$ probably helps both as well. I've enjoyed the benefits of LLAMS for 5+ years, so I don't mind having paid more for it back in the days. I'll say that the support from the Australian manufacturer has been great, but I have absolutely no experience with Mudtech 4x4, so no opinions there ether way. It's your money.

Last edited:

marcap599

Reaction score
Well,
after the reading of the thread I wish to inform about some other things that can be understood if you 'll able to look at a product as a component of a larger project:

+75 mm extension:
The ANITAS kit can do that, if you need this you can select, if your device can't offer it, no choices, you can't.
Warried about the CV joints? Yes, you must know that LR have designed a front left half-shaft shorter than the front-right. This mean that you always risk to damage your CV joint when driving the car lifted, with or without additional modules.
But for each problem can be found a solution, one are the HD CV joints that we can offer for who want to keep a safer limit on the transmission: http://www.mudtech4x4.com/giunti-rinforzati/?lang=en

All of you know that when you lift your car, the AIR springs becomes so much more rigid, and this is not a good thing.
That's why we offer the adjustable shocks in height. This setting will change the support point of the AIR spring, and you can choose to have a lifted car with the same comfort of riding as the original standard height. We are also working on another product that will be able to keep soft the suspensions in the maximum extension also. For who one go offroad I'm sure this is someting important, because the "traction" is not made by the lift only.

At the present time I can't see other company that are working all-around on LR3 and LR4 each component of the car like us, keeping in mind that each modification from the OEM will implicate an alteration of the project and may affect some others components of the car too.

I don't want to be in a discussion with umbertob about his writing "since Anitas was pretty much created as a carbon copy of LLAMS".

BUT,

Mhmm, if so "easy to copy", why no more clones?
Following umbertob, I can say that LLAMS is a carbon copy of the Matzker suspension module... but I can' say things I can't demonstrate.
So please respect the job of the people, and don't write false things.

It's quite evident that umbertob is happy about his LLAMS, and we are happy for him experience. BUT, writing a "rewiev" comparation of a product that he did not have looks a little too much, IMO.

Just to be clear: ANITAS was created from white paper, like all the products in our catalog, I spent hundreds of hours in writing code and designing the electronics, and thousands of Km for testing. That's it.

umbertob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I didn't "review" the Anitas product, but I do own and have used a LLAMS module since 2011, well before Anitas was introduced, and I thought I would point out some of the incorrect or somewhat misleading statements made about the LLAMS module in an earlier post of this thread, so that whoever is interested in either product can make a more informed decision.

Last edited:

marcap599

Reaction score
I didn't "review" the Anitas product, but I do own and have used a LLAMS module since 2011, well before Anitas was introduced, and I thought I would point out some of the incorrect or somewhat misleading statements made about the LLAMS module in an earlier post of this thread, so that whoever is interested in either product can make a more informed decision.

Ok Umberto, we understand you love your LLAMS, ok, it's clear.
Please re-read what you have posted and you'll be able to find so much more than "point out".

So, why are you driving a LR4 instead of a Dacia Duster? They do the same thing! :biggrin:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM