gchoo

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gchooljian

Reaction score
Good Morning, I am new to this, so please bear with me as I try to understand what I am doing.

I have a 2006 LR3 and the radio quit working. The display lights up and the stations are on but I have no sound out of the speakers. Is this a radio problem or is their some wire that may have become disconnected.

Thank you,

LVLR

Reaction score
Had this happen occasionally on my 2005 SE, sometimes would correct itself after turing the truck off then restarting, sometimes required a dealer reset although they were never able to come up with definite reason for the problem in the first place. The frequency may have lessened with allowing the electronics to complete its system check before starting the engine but this may well be my imagination.

zdas04

Full Access Member
Reaction score
On the 2005, letting the truck run through the entire boot process definately helped the frequency of this problem. I found that when the radio did die, I could usually turn the truck off for 5 minutes or so and it would work. If not, then remove the battery cables, wait 10 minutes, touch the two cables together to reset the system worked every time.

My new 2008 doesn't seem to have this problem and I can't tell you which model year it was fixed on. This technique may or may not work on the 2006.

David

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vintage99