goodyear silent armors

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

di_LR3_co

Full Access Member
Reaction score
so.. i am thinking about getting the goodyear silent armors for my 06 lr3.

have gotten a couple of quotes locally for near 1K for set of 4.. but looks like tirerack can get them to me for 605+shipping..(http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires...&vehicleSearch=false&fromCompare1=yes&place=2)

i have resorted to these, b/c my local toyo dealers say they can't get open country a/ts..

wondering what kind of prices folks have been paying for silen armors, installed.

(o, thinking 265/60/18)

??

richpike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm not sure on the Silent Armors, but we recently put the General Grabber AT2s on our LR3 in 255/60R18 and we have been very happy with them (good on the road, good treadwear, good off road, good price, pretty hard to beat). They are also what our dealer puts on the majority of their CPOs.

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires...&load_rating=F&load_rating=G&minSpeedRating=S

ge_grabber_at2_owl_ci2_l.jpg

It looks like you also might be in Colorado - you can get the Grabbers from Discount Tire and they will typically beat TireRack and I've always been extremely pleased with their service in Colorado Springs.

Having said all that, the Silent Armors are better rated on TireRack:

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/surve...speed_rating=W&speed_rating=Y&speed_rating=(Y)

Good luck!
Rich

duckdive

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Why wouldn't your local Toyo dealer not have Open Countrys ? They are a pretty
common tire. I have had mine for a year now and am very pleased with them.

Last edited:

stjames70

Reaction score
Just got the silent armors p265/60r 18 installed by Discount Tire Center at a total cost of $776.58 tax included. They were fast, and professional. I just drove through the recent snow and they worked great -- much better than what came with the vehicle. They are super silent and smooth, a little bigger than stock (you will like it), and I had a 10% military discount (I was in the USAF, but they did not ask me for any docs). Good luck in your tire hunting, but I highly recommend the SA's.

chomondely

Reaction score
2006 LR3 v6. I like the tire, but I am replacing the third tire due to Mesquite thorns in the side walls. The remaing tire has 26K miles with no appreciable wear. Dscount Tire has been great about the warranty, no problems. Tires are quiet and fine the rain. Seem good in the mud at the deer lease. I did notice that the gas milage dropped a bit. The GPS shows the speed w/in 2 mph at 70, about as close as I can read the speedometer.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dandavies9