Got the LR3 offroad

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jesus_man

Full Access Member
Reaction score
On Saturday, we decided to take my parents for a ride around the area. First we explored Garden of the God's, which is a bunch of rock formations that are supposedly millions of years old. We explored via the pavement since my wife is about two weeks from her due date, we didn't push it.
DSC00483.jpg

DSC00482.jpg

After that, we found a little place to eat our picnic lunch, and proceeded up Rampart Range Road. This road climbs up into the mountains just west of Colorado Springs and it's much more than a paved road. Then the girls needed a ***** break, so we pulled off on a little road that We had picnicked at a few month prior. The road looked "fun" then, but we had only had our LR3 for a few days at that point, so I couldn't try it then. But I did this time and it did quite well with the traction control stuff.

DSC00492.jpg

DSC00493.jpg

jesus_man

Full Access Member
Reaction score
DSC00494.jpg

DSC00495.jpg

That was the only fun spot on the road. We turned around here and went back home. This is pretty mild stuff really, but probably about as extreme as this LR3 will be doing.

J.D.

cbboard

Full Access Member
Reaction score
those are some pretty pics! i've never been to the Garden of the Gods, but my folks rave about it. i would love to make a trip up there some day.

jesus_man

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, it's worth the trip. Go to the visitors center and check that out. They even play a movie as to how they believe it was created, but my faith tells me it didn't take the millions of years they claim. Then drive around a bit and do some hiking if you like. If you're just driving around, it'll take you less than an hour to tour the place even if you take your time. But the trader post (gift shop) is pretty neat place to look around.

I think we'll be making another trip out after the baby is born to do some hiking.

J.D.

jesus_man

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was wondering if you had posted a trip report. I looked a while back, but hadn't since.

Yes, will take note on the due date thing. The only issue is delivering out the the woods like that! LOL!

J.D.

Panzerknacker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was wondering if you had posted a trip report. I looked a while back, but hadn't since.

Yes, will take note on the due date thing. The only issue is delivering out the the woods like that! LOL!

J.D.

Humans were reproducing out in the woods long before hospitals were ever built. Im not saying... im just saying.

jesus_man

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Humans were reproducing out in the woods long before hospitals were ever built. Im not saying... im just saying.

If you can convince my wife that's ok, I'll do it! And they got by just fine with horse and buggy too, but I see you're driving something much more complex and convenient. ;-)

J.D.

Panzerknacker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you can convince my wife that's ok, I'll do it! And they got by just fine with horse and buggy too, but I see you're driving something much more complex and convenient. ;-)

J.D.

Hah true... But I still know how to get out and walk when I have to.

I posted in the other thread but the Solihull Society is doing Left Hand Canyon and having a BBQ on the 15th are you going? Shouldnt be a truck breaker.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vintage99