Green/Orange/Factory LCA Bushings from Atlantic British?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Taemian

Reaction score
For anyone doing the poly bushings, a certain install method is almost guaranteed to stop squeaks from every happening. Liberally apply Never-Seize to the entire bushing, and the LCA before you pop it back in. Like, paint the whole damn thing inside and out with it. One of the ******** shops that maintains SAR and mountain fire trucks passed on that gem to me. Worked for me so far, but it is my wife's rig so I'm only in it on weekends. I do take it on forest service roads, but the windows are up to keep out the dust. (In the week I'm the dude driving a highy modded Hellcat-humbling Marauder.)

I'm not a JLR fan boy by any stretch, but I appreciate the LR3/4 platform for keeping my family safe, and getting us through anything. I've yet to find something comparable, so I'm always looking for ways to extend the lifespan of this thing.

BrandonM7

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm not a JLR fan boy by any stretch, but I appreciate the LR3/4 platform for keeping my family safe, and getting us through anything. I've yet to find something comparable, so I'm always looking for ways to extend the lifespan of this thing.

That's where I'm at, you just said it better. I love mine and the wife loves hers, but there are a few parts that are crap and can be improved. I'm game for improving them since there aren't a ton, but I'm gonna ***** about them and not pretend they don't exist. I wish there was a better fix for some of them than just putting the same junk part on, though. The brittle coolant pipes, for example.

jwest

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's where I'm at, you just said it better. I love mine and the wife loves hers, but there are a few parts that are crap and can be improved. I'm game for improving them since there aren't a ton, but I'm gonna ***** about them and not pretend they don't exist. I wish there was a better fix for some of them than just putting the same junk part on, though. The brittle coolant pipes, for example.

Wrong, there are way more than a "Few" crap parts on the lr3/4 rrs ;)

Next week my 2004 Disco gets a full detailed Waxoyl treatment.

On a tangent, Tata's stock price TTM has been getting absolutely crushed this year.

ryanjl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It was just insulting to have you suggest I was confusing a ball joint with a bushing which would require thinking a ball joint could ever be a polyurethane thingy rather than a metal "ball" ? As you know I replaced all suspension parts myself last year.....

plus i'm tired of seeing these nonsensical poly bushing threads lol. It's not a race car.

Dude, stop being a ******* ******. I simply thought you accidentally typed "bushings" when you meant to type "ball joint"; not that you didn't know the difference between the two.

Because, again, only someone who is clueless about the LCA bushings on a LR4 would state "LOL - oem bushings sure as heck last a lot longer than 60-70k." I didn't take you to be so clueless, hence my question. Guess I was wrong.

jwest

Full Access Member
Reaction score
lol what a lightweight. truth is you couldn't handle being challenged on the idea that factory bushings are just about as good as the over-hyped poly.

Now you're saying that no factory bushings last past 70.... too funny.

I imagine your brake rotors don't last either lol

Last edited:

ryanjl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
lol what a lightweight. truth is you couldn't handle being challenged on the idea that factory bushings are just about as good as the over-hyped poly.

Where? I don't have poly bushings and I'm not personally a proponent of them. Is this what's it's come to, though? You imputing a stance onto me that you feel like you have the juice to attack?

Now you're saying that no factory bushings last past 70.... too funny.

Where did I say that no factory bushing makes it past 70k? Again, imputing an argument onto me that you feel like you can rebut, because you can't rebut what I actually said.

Last edited:

jwest

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Where? I don't have poly bushings and I'm not personally a proponent of them. Is this what's it's come to, though? You imputing a stance onto me that you feel like you have the juice to attack?

Where did I say that no factory bushing makes it past 70k? Again, imputing an argument onto me that you feel like you can rebut, because you can't rebut what I actually said.

What? You said right here I was clueless for such an idea which assumes you support the opposite: "Because, again, only someone who is clueless about the LCA bushings on a LR4 would state "LOL - oem bushings sure as heck last a lot longer than 60-70k." I didn't take you to be so clueless, hence my question. Guess I was wrong."

Sure sounded like you were one of the poly lovers but I apologize if I missed what the hell was going on here. :beer:

jwest

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This thread delivers.

TEAM POLY FO LYFE SUCKA

Haha. I learned something in this thread concerning the wide varieties available.

Maybe I'll try these next time now knowing there are softer versions. The primary issue to me was shops like lucky8 touting how stiff the orange ones would be and I see zero need for increasing the vibration feeling.

BrandonM7

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Haha. I learned something in this thread concerning the wide varieties available.

Maybe I'll try these next time now knowing there are softer versions. The primary issue to me was shops like lucky8 touting how stiff the orange ones would be and I see zero need for increasing the vibration feeling.

Yeah, I didn't really know the firmness comparatively, either. I mean, they can say it's the same/harder/softer than stock but you don't really know -- you know they probably aren't poking the damn things with a durometer or doing any super-strict comparisons.

I got the green because that's what Atlantic British sells already in the arms - at least that's all they had in stock. That's the only reason. Like I said, they're a little bit noticeably firmer than stock - or at least firmer than my wore-the-hell-out OEM bushings, which may have been way softer than stock. You know how **** can change gradually and you kind of don't notice it as it happens, they could have done that. But it isn't a bunch. The wife's RRS has good OEM bushings (less than 20k miles) and the 20x9.5 wheels with 275/40R20 tires, and mine now rides exactly like that on 19" wheels with 255/55R19 tires. So if you've ever gone up a wheel inch about that much.

I think the orange are supposedly softer than the green, so I'm going to pop those and new ball joints in my old arms at my leisure, so when hers go bad I have a freshened set of arms to pop in. Hopefully it doesn't firm it up too much, but I won't know until I do it. I definitely wouldn't want it stiffer, but I kind of did want mine a little stiffer because it felt quite wallowy. I got lucky. And again, I really wanted them for longevity not stiffness - everything on these ******* things is over-tightened, heavy, and corroded in place. Also, I just don't like working on my DD. I love working on my rock crawler, motorcycles, etc -- I just want my DD to work tomorrow morning, every day. I don't want to have to fix the damn thing, I just want it to go. So I'm hoping they make that last longer.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72